all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell RMF review/experiences ??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I only just practiced C&J mainly just Jerks with a pair of 16s. Only 3 series of 5 sets for 2 days in a row to learn the pattern, but my abs, especially left oblique are very sore. forearms are sore, my chest is sore too...

I only just practiced C&J mainly just Jerks with a pair of 16s. Only 3 series of 5 sets for 2 days in a row to learn the pattern, but my abs, especially left oblique are very sore. forearms are sore, my chest is sore too...

I actually get a ton of leg work from the push press and jerk.. True story

Hey guys, recently ive really been enjoying the double jerk exercise through being introduced by strongashecs kettlebell berserk beta.

I have been on the lookout for more c&j programs and kettlebell rmf seems to be the current go to program. Is this available anywhere? i can’t to find it.

I do have herky jerky in the mkm book, and i suppose a person could use c&j for the strong program as well. What would rmf have that herky jerky or the strong layout does not and what makes it so highly thought of?

Hey guys, recently ive really been enjoying the double jerk exercise through being introduced by strongashecs kettlebell berserk beta.

I have been on the lookout for more c&j programs and kettlebell rmf seems to be the current go to program. Is this available anywhere? i can’t to find it.

I do have herky jerky in the mkm book, and i suppose a person could use c&j for the strong program as well. What would rmf have that herky jerky or the strong layout does not and what makes it so highly thought of?
The big difference is that RMF is pure long cycle, nothing else. And it can be a real heater too with whole sessions consisting of sets of up to 90% RM.
The conditioning alone makes it a wonderful program, and eating for growth during will get you there.
It is brutal though.

The big difference is that RMF is pure long cycle, nothing else. And it can be a real heater too with whole sessions consisting of sets of up to 90% RM.
The conditioning alone makes it a wonderful program, and eating for growth during will get you there.
It is brutal though.

@Wesley Evans , you are so right! These sessions can be smokers for sure!

Bumping this thread up..

Modified RMF to 15 minute durations to serve as my "workout" as I had a different priority..

Long story short, at the leanest I have been as far as memory recalls (I may need to check vs when I was prepping for level 1)

Definitely a great program to do

Bumping this thread up..

Modified RMF to 15 minute durations to serve as my "workout" as I had a different priority..

Long story short, at the leanest I have been as far as memory recalls (I may need to check vs when I was prepping for level 1)

Definitely a great program to do
Very nice!

I've often thought about doing that. Are you following it verbatim otherwise?

For those who have done or are currently doing RMF (or any other long-cycle program for that matter), did you do them barefoot or with lifting shoes?

Converse all stars.....takes me back to the '70s, when they were the style!

Chucks or vans for me.

BTW, I remembered our discussion about this and while I qualify to move up to ph2 with a heavier pair, I took your wisdom and decided to restart everything from ph1 a size up and bumped sessions to 20 mins..

RPE was definitely lower than expected for d1

of?

Can you share your experience and results with Kettlebell Berserk (recognizing it’s in beta and may be tweaked before publishing)? I missed the beta and am eagerly waiting for it to be released.

Thanks.

Can you share your experience and results with Kettlebell Berserk (recognizing it’s in beta and may be tweaked before publishing)? I missed the beta and am eagerly waiting for it to be released.

Thanks.
KB Berserk is live on Hec's site.
The beta was brutal, and very effective. Even though the beta was just a small portion of the overall program.

Thanks.

Yeah berserk is out now, the beta is now phase one of the program, and there are two other phases for 14 total weeks of programming.

Its my favorite program ive ever done in all seriousness, if you like clean and jerk its a must have.

Its similar to rmf in some respects, but it builds up more slowly where phase 3 is c&j and phases 1 and 2 prepare you for it.

Rmf hits your glycotic system really hard and is simply too brutal on my system. On rmf i am constantly hungry and my sleep suffers. I understand why mark is reducing the workout lengths, because 30 minutes is just too much imo.

Berserk is strong endurance based and is easier to recover from, but results are the same or better for me. I think a lot of the fat loss results on berserk come from the fact i can stick to a low carb diet while on it and not feel like im going to die.

Last edited:
KB Berserk is live on Hec's site.
The beta was brutal, and very effective. Even though the beta was just a small portion of the overall program.

Its my favorite program ive ever done in

Berserk is strong endurance based and is easier to recover from, but results are the same or better for me. I think a lot of the fat loss results on berserk come from the fact i can stick to a low carb diet while on it and not feel like im going to die.

Thanks for that feedback and for letting me know it’s live. I’m ready to purchase but it’s a little pricey so I had a moment of hesitation.

Did you see strength gains? I’m sure there will be conditioning improvements but I want to keep getting stronger (rather than just improving my strength endurance.)

Thanks.

I was a beta tester for berserk and ronin..

you will get stronger especially if you grease the groove on certain movements..

if you don't wanna bite the bullet on berserk, the jerk program in kettlebell workout snacks is also a solid choice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom