all posts post new thread
This is a great product; the videos are really useful. I know that this is an AGT type program, but I was wondering where on the spectrum the c&j program is. Do the relatively short rest intervals make it more endurance bases, compared to Q&D for example?

If we've progressed to the clean and jerk plans how would one incorporate the swings & get ups? I would love to progress my C&J while getting in some swings and get ups from time to time without compromising rest days

If we've progressed to the clean and jerk plans how would one incorporate the swings & get ups? I would love to progress my C&J while getting in some swings and get ups from time to time without compromising rest days
In my experience TGU progresses very easily with low volume when you're doing other overhead work.

I'm on a different program but I use swings, and sometimes light TGUs to warm up for clean and presses. In the past I've then done 1-3 TGUs after my pressing. Worked really well and felt good.

Could you sub the lccj for the push press in the fighters version of s&s? Still do 10x10?

Could you sub the lccj for the push press in the fighters version of s&s? Still do 10x10?

The push press is taught in the course, and Pavel says that sometimes the best way to learn the jerk is to get tired doing push presses.
I hate to admit , I was gratified to jerk the 48kg overhead after getting tired of not being able to push press it.

I think the term stems from this article IIRC

Thanks, I remember reading this.
10 x 10 on push press is definitely more on the conditioning side.
I've just started LCCJ from plan A in StrongFirst-Kettlebells which builds up to 90 jerks. So similar final volume but spread over more sets.

Hi all,
This may be a stupid question and could be answered in the product but I can’t seem to find it.
in the Clean and Jerk programme do you drop the kettlebell to the floor and re clean the bell from ground on opposite arm or do you hold bell in rack position and at the end of set switch arms via a swing and hand switch.
Thanks in advance
Shane

Hi all,
This may be a stupid question and could be answered in the product but I can’t seem to find it.
in the Clean and Jerk programme do you drop the kettlebell to the floor and re clean the bell from ground on opposite arm or do you hold bell in rack position and at the end of set switch arms via a swing and hand switch.
Thanks in advance
Shane
It looks like it's not specified. But the pace seems to indicate putting it down and shaking it out and passing the talk test before the next go. But if you wanna carry it that's probably fine. I just imagine that it slightly increases the rest needed, because the load of the carry is still more work.

It looks like it's not specified. But the pace seems to indicate putting it down and shaking it out and passing the talk test before the next go. But if you wanna carry it that's probably fine. I just imagine that it slightly increases the rest needed, because the load of the carry is still more work.
Cheers,
I’ve been putting the bell down and restarting on each arm. It was just after starting recently with the 24 (not yet complete 30mins) I was thinking putting the bell down would eat into the rest between sets. Especially when on 3/side. I’ll play around with it on my next session

Cheers,
I’ve been putting the bell down and restarting on each arm. It was just after starting recently with the 24 (not yet complete 30mins) I was thinking putting the bell down would eat into the rest between sets. Especially when on 3/side. I’ll play around with it on my next session
Putting the bell down IS the rest.

I have a question regarding passing the "intermediate" stage and the transition to splitting the swings and TGU into separate days. FWIW, this GPP training, and I have been purposely keeping my swing progression 'slow' to keep my overall recovery higher.

I am currently a few weeks into my 40% bell (28k) and plan to start the split schedule after the 30s clock progression.

If I start the Swing only days with the 32k, my guess is that I get only a few minutes of swings for that session. It makes more sense to restart the progression with the 28k EMOM and extend it out to 30 minutes then switch to the 30s progression.

So :
28k EMOM --> 20 min + Getups
28k 30s clock --> stagnation + Getups
28k EMOM --> 30 min

Is this the most logical way to run the transition?

I have a question regarding passing the "intermediate" stage and the transition to splitting the swings and TGU into separate days. FWIW, this GPP training, and I have been purposely keeping my swing progression 'slow' to keep my overall recovery higher.

I am currently a few weeks into my 40% bell (28k) and plan to start the split schedule after the 30s clock progression.

If I start the Swing only days with the 32k, my guess is that I get only a few minutes of swings for that session. It makes more sense to restart the progression with the 28k EMOM and extend it out to 30 minutes then switch to the 30s progression.

So :
28k EMOM --> 20 min + Getups
28k 30s clock --> stagnation + Getups
28k EMOM --> 30 min

Is this the most logical way to run the transition?
I don't think that is how it is written. After you stagnate with the 30 second progression for two consecutive weeks, you are to go up a bell size. I don't think there's much reason to stay with the same bell size, but revert from 30 seconds back to a minute just to add more sets. Even if you only get a few minutes of swings (if you're doing 28kg for 20 minutes every 30 seconds, I can't imagine how you won't get more than a few minutes with the 32 doing them EMOM) with the bigger bell, that is the progression that will allow you the most return for your time.

"Switch to sets of 5 every 30sec and keep going until you fail the talk test. Carry on until whichever comes first: you hit 20min (200 swings total) or, more likely, your progress stalls for two weeks in a row.

• Then start over with 5 swings OTM with a heavier kettlebell (+4kg for women, +8kg for men)."

Thanks, @BJJ Shawn

I guess after a thousand or so 28k swings, the 32 will be more manageable.

Right now the 32k feels like halfway between it swinging me and a fast grind.

Thanks, @BJJ Shawn

I guess after a thousand or so 28k swings, the 32 will be more manageable.

Right now the 32k feels like halfway between it swinging me and a fast grind.
The target is 40 sets in The Next Step.
You could try to achieve that with the 28 kg and then I'm sure you would enjoy the challenge of the 32 kg.
I recently got a 36 kg and actually switched back to S&S to do one stepcycle. With the untimed breaks I found that to be less mentally challenging on the swing side. Switching back to 5 reps EMOM was then far less onerous.
I'm currently loving Plan A. Just wondering what to do with all my spare time...

Back
Top Bottom