all posts post new thread
Me too. I wonder if it's a rehashed/combination of s&s and q&d? If it was a physical copy and a bit less expensive than ninety seven dollars I'd be more interested.

That was exactly my reaction as well. All due respect, I'm not shelling out $97 for, basically, S&S 3.0(now with added Clean and Jerks!)

I'll just stick with S&S.

BJJ Fanatics is well-known for doing deeply discounted sales (33-50%) multiple times per year. I am interested in the programming, but will not be paying full price, no disrespect.

If nothing else, this program does confirm what a lot of BJJ players have been saying on this site: Swings and Get Ups are awesome for BJJ. :)
Can confirm they are excellent BUT... a lot of BJJ people don't actually like strength training, though and often say "because Marcelo Garcia didn't lift weights, neither should they".

Can confirm they are excellent BUT... a lot of BJJ people don't actually like strength training, though and often say "because Marcelo Garcia didn't lift weights, neither should they".

That's a bloody stupid view to take, IMHO. Obviously BJJ is not a strength sport, but if you can gain extra strength to apply through correct technique, why wouldn't you? It can't help but make you a better fighter.

I haven’t watched the videos yet, but have absorbed the programming PDF.

The Jon Engum protocol is a density approach; this is a low-tempo-high-volume approach. Higher volume than both S&S and Q&D. If that helps.

S&S is 5 - 6 days per week until Timeless Simple is achieved. This must be quite high volume indeed.

Ladies and gentlemen, we often see the question posted here: what do I do after I reach Simple? We also see: do I need to reach Simple before I ...?

This course gives you those answers and the next several steps as well if you are a BJJ practitioner but it can also serves as a training program for anyone.

-S-

This looks interesting. I may look into it after finishing up the year and a half or more of programming I have planned out currently. However going to the link and seeing the graphics returns me to a reoccurring question:

Where do Pavel and the SF guys get these amazing pants? Is it a specific brand or style? ? :)

This looks interesting. I may look into it after finishing up the year and a half or more of programming I have planned out currently. However going to the link and seeing the graphics returns me to a reoccurring question:

Where do Pavel and the SF guys get these amazing pants? Is it a specific brand or style? ? :)
Patagonia

Ladies and gentlemen, we often see the question posted here: what do I do after I reach Simple? We also see: do I need to reach Simple before I ...?

This course gives you those answers and the next several steps as well if you are a BJJ practitioner but it can also serves as a training program for anyone.

-S-

So are you saying that a BJJ fighter can use this without achieving Timeless Simple first?

I got my first session in. Feels great and gives a got sweat. But what do you recommend on off days? My Bjj gym is closed due to covid 19... Any replacement plz

Okay, so this is a programme specifically for BJJ athletes to complement their mat training with an eye to making them better at BJJ, but can of course be used by anyone as an excellent stand alone kettlebell programme. Like the promotional page says, it does this without beating you up leaving you drained for your on-mat training sessions. Okay, I think I understand the concept to this.

In my own case, my kettlebelling is to complement my martial arts in a very different way. I don't think martial arts is enough exercise, nor is it healthily balanced exercise. Martial arts training is for winning at martial arts and not for a strong physique, nor good posture. A way to understand this is to consider that shooting a rifle is a martial art, but where is the exercise? Judo, fencing etc are a compromise between exercise and fighting prowess. Good weight training programmes like S&S can counteract the bad physical effects of martial arts training and give someone good posture, good flexibility, a good physique, and real-world strength on and off the mat. This is how S&S is explained in the book and how I see it too.

But, to make kettlebelling the handmaid of a particular martial art is a very powerful thing - where the kettlebell training is expertly designed specifically for excelling at the martial art in question. Wow! Pavel knows what he is talking about. This will be a very well received product and will do a lot of good for BJJ players who struggle with not having enough strength to get the most out of their chosen martial art. It can be terrifically frustrating to have to wait for months or years of on mat training to develop the right kind of strength and conditioning. To have a scientifically designed home training method available to you will work wonders for everyone! This is great news indeed!

Back
Top Bottom