all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Lunch… intermittent fast
Coffee… buy local
Laptop… don’t take your work home
Lock(s?)… take your bike inside

I’m actually being sort of serious here. Friends don’t let friends ride wearing a pack. :cool:

If you feel compelled to take all that impedimenta with you, get racks and panniers….

I bike commuted for years…

Lunch… intermittent fast
Coffee… buy local
Laptop… don’t take your work home
Lock(s?)… take your bike inside

I’m actually being sort of serious here. Friends don’t let friends ride wearing a pack. :cool:

If you feel compelled to take all that impedimenta with you, get racks and panniers….

I bike commuted for years…
I know you are. I’ve been considering the panniers, i usually do leave to comp at work, the biggest unload would be the lo ks which i could prolly leave there at least significantly lightning my load. Appreciate the food for thought.

Unfortunately locks are made to keep honest people honest.
My brother in law once took a can of crappy spray paint and duct tape and made his expensive Cipollini look like trash to help deter thieves. I wouldn’t go to that extreme.

I have always been fortunate when I commuted because I could (or would) take my bike inside. At times I would get some looks and comments… but to quote Richard Feynman… what do you care what other people think?

Unfortunately locks are made to keep honest people honest.
My brother in law once took a can of crappy spray paint and duct tape and made his expensive Cipollini look like trash to help deter thieves. I wouldn’t go to that extreme.

I have always been fortunate when I commuted because I could (or would) take my bike inside. At times I would get some looks and comments… but to quote Richard Feynman… what do you care what other people think?
I’ve thought of bringing it in too but not a lot of great places. I share my office and the building is flooded with punk kids that always like to look and touch. I have a big bad kryptonite chain and lock. I think I’ll just start off by leaving that on the rack at work. Can’t believe i never considered that…would take most of the weight right off my back. I aint never gonna stop bringing my own coffee! But i usually put them right into my bottle cages. That just leaves clothes and a wee bit o food in my pack!

I’ve thought of bringing it in too but not a lot of great places. I share my office and the building is flooded with punk kids that always like to look and touch. I have a big bad kryptonite chain and lock. I think I’ll just start off by leaving that on the rack at work. Can’t believe i never considered that…would take most of the weight right off my back. I aint never gonna stop bringing my own coffee! But i usually put them right into my bottle cages. That just leaves clothes and a wee bit o food in my pack!
The last job where I bike commuted regularly; I would drive in on a Monday (or Friday) and take a full weeks worth of clothes. I would ride the other days, and the next drive day I would bring home the dirty laundry and replenish with clean stuff.

As far as coffee goes… I had both a pour over rig, and an Aeropress at work.

The last job where I bike commuted regularly; I would drive in on a Monday (or Friday) and take a full weeks worth of clothes. I would ride the other days, and the next drive day I would bring home the dirty laundry and replenish with clean stuff.

As far as coffee goes… I had both a pour over rig, and an Aeropress at work.
Good strat. I do store some clothes there in case of rain. My co-worker does have a tea pot there i suppose i could switch to.
I usually have a Contigo mug with me when going out, my pseudo wife calls it the baby bottle ROFL
That’s exactly what i use too. Once it’s empty it’s my water bottle for the day.

Still cycling, riding my mtn bike and messing around “off road” with it since my roadie has been in the shop. Even saw a beaver in the chicago river last week! Getting in dips and chins where i can. They are really great maintenance exercises. Haven’t lost a lot aesthetically but strength has certainly decreased. Have been getting in some tgu as well. I use the 28k and get a press and windmill in at the top. Even got in some CnP and snatch work today since im home with a sick kiddo. Be well!
IMG_1822.jpegIMG_1819.jpeg
IMG_1825.jpeg

Lots of cycling this week, got more lifting in than normal with having some days off of work. I’m starting to gravitate back towards SnS. I did a session on a whim one day and it just felt right. To keep it shorter im doing everything OTM, so about 20 min total. Then if i have time im getting in chins and dips throughout the day. Moving away from actual volume with chins and going for more with hangs. Just hanging in different positions for linger amounts of time. Hope everyone is doing well.
IMG_1850.jpegIMG_1848.jpegIMG_1847.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom