all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Happy Halloween, winter cycling has officially begun. Super grateful for my newly acquired mtn bike today.
Oi....this reminds me of the years living in Green Bay where I didn't have a car and had to bike to and from work 3 miles at 5:30am in the dead of winter. I do not miss that

Oi....this reminds me of the years living in Green Bay where I didn't have a car and had to bike to and from work 3 miles at 5:30am in the dead of winter. I do not miss that
Yup, left Chicago as a 20 yo. Been in Ca since then, it's great weather and places to go etc.. though far too expensive now.

It’s more out of choice than necessity. I did take the next day off cuz everything was slick as hell in the am. I love riding in the snow though. Goggins s***.
Dude…. You don’t include a pic of the bike??
I’m wasting enough time taking the pics already. I’ll get you one soon.

IMG_1862.jpeg
Little park action today.

Little bit less cycling this past week but got a couple of good sessions in. Friday and Saturday i played with the CnJ. Throwing around the 28/24k in doubles is no joke. I think i may try this in the KBSF format. The two days a week could fit my schedule quite well. Took the kids to a couple of local bball courts and played as well. The new school is all in on bball so we’re trying to get up to speed.
Cousin was in town and i went for an 8 mile run with her. My minimalist programming carried over well. I kept up with her sub 9 min pace. My calves are paying for it today.

Last edited:
Home sick with a kiddo today, so no cycling. Got in my first full KBSF CnJ session though.
WU:
Arm bar to tgu to armbar @16k L/R
Goblet squats and hangs

KBSF
1 CnJ every 1:00 for 30:00 @24/28k. This was fairly easy, will have to review the pamphlet to see how fast i can progress.
Form check vid too:

Good amount of cycling this week. Bit o running, lots of bball practice and games with my daughters team. Helping coach the jv and varsity middle school teams which my daughter has bumped up to. Got in some loaded mobility work a couple of days this week. Focusing on arm bars, sldl, kneeling hip flexors with bell overhead, and light tgu.

Got my second day of kbsf cnj doubles program in.
CJC every 1:00 for 30:00. Again this was pretty easy so i will progress to CJCJ next session. I may have gone light but still have some volume to accumulate and this is a fairly novel lift for me so i wanted to be conservative. It’s tempting to move on to 32/28k bells but know i will get there soon too if i follow the progressions.

8 or so mile run with the wife this am. Hit up the palos forest preserve trails and got some good hills and single-track running in. Im super happy with how well im able to keep up having not run at all. Cycling and minimalist strength training has really proven to work well at maintaining my desired level of fitness. I say that i should always have a 2 hour (or so) 13 miler locked and loaded at any moment. Even got some hangs and pull ups in at the top of swallow cliff I love these trails, the pics don't do it justice IMG_1910.jpegIMG_1907.jpegIMG_1905.jpeg .

Don’t know if I’ve mentioned but I am helping coach my daughters bball team. It is a big commitment for both of us but we are having a lot of fun. Bball game last night.

Today’s practice:
WU hangs and loaded shoulder mobility to arm-bar to loaded hip flexor stretch.

CJCJ OTM for 23:00 @24/28k.

The legs were tired after yesterday’s trail run and were certainly the limiting factor. Breath and hr were elevated as well. Will have to see how Friday’s session goes.

8 or so mile run with the wife this am. Hit up the palos forest preserve trails and got some good hills and single-track running in. Im super happy with how well im able to keep up having not run at all. Cycling and minimalist strength training has really proven to work well at maintaining my desired level of fitness. I say that i should always have a 2 hour (or so) 13 miler locked and loaded at any moment. Even got some hangs and pull ups in at the top of swallow cliff I love these trails, the pics don't do it justice View attachment 23188View attachment 23189View attachment 23190 .
Are the toboggan slides still there at Swallow Cliff?

Back
Top Bottom