all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

This is 80% of what I have to focus on.
Ya, i have a lot going on in life rn. The bike is kicking my a#@ tbh. So i decided i just need to do maintenance, last run on giant i did all30 min sessions. Now I’ll set it for 30 and stop when needed.

8/22/23
5 mile ride to work
Full day of teaching
11 mile ride to my kids new school for a quick meet and greet/info session.
Back at it tomorrow and hopefully get in a giant session…maybe i’ll even give myself two days off instead going forward, and put a day on the weekends.

Last edited:
8/23/23
5 mile bike to work
Full day of teaching
Hopped on my bike to go home and front tire immediately blew out. Been riding on a jacked up sidewall forever and can’t believe it lasted that long. So I ended up walking two miles to a bike shop and riding home 3. Sweltering 100 degrees here in chicago today! I love the extremes, we were made for this s***!

8/23/23
5 mile bike to work
Full day of teaching
Hopped on my bike to go home and front tire immediately blew out. Been riding on a jacked up sidewall forever and can’t believe it lasted that long. So I ended up walking two miles to a bike shop and riding home 3. Sweltering 100 degrees here in chicago today! I love the extremes, we were made for this s***!
Good thing it wasn't a motorcycle... lol

True that brother. I like things powered by me tbh. Motorcycles are dope but i have a respectful fear.
Yes, that's good.. I got a little too lax with that and too heavy on the throttle. It's hard enough to avoid traffic etc... then we have to deal with that 18yo kid inside us.

8/25/23
5 mile bike
Taught fitness stations all day, did a lot of pushups, lunges and ab wheels all day. Had to impress the little buggers and set high standards. Not letting them get away with sloppy form.
5 mile bike
Bit of walking
Giant 1.1, day 2 with three days off after day 1.
This was a tough session. Idk if I'm still adapting to the new schedule, more biking (riding with a 20lb pack has been putting a huge stress on my core), etc.. Anyways, I got it in…
6X8 CnP @24/24k in 24:00

Weekend was a lot of coaching soccer (my son is taking off) and walking.
8/28/23

Idk when I’m getting these giant days in or if I’m even really running the program anymore…that being said, I may just focus on bodyweight stuff. We’re currently doing a fitness unit in the PE classesI teach and I’ve been busting out a lot of pushups, squats, lunges, ab rollers, jumprope, burpees, etc. (anything we can do at a fitness station with a class of 50 kids or so). Just gonna lean into it.

I was also challenged to do a one arm pushup by a colleague who has deemed me “fit as f***”. I told him I could not but he kept egging me on. WTH effect came out strong on this one boys! Haven’t tried or trained one of these in over a year and got a semi decent rep on the right side. I didn’t want to deflate my ego so i did not attempt the left side.

I’m also working with a large number of refugee/immigrant families. Not only do we have people from south of our border, but a rising population of Kyrgyzstani kids. These ones are my favorite, they are a strong/hard people. All i have to say is “you wrestle? You ride horses ?” They of course all reply yes with a huge smile (if they say no to wrestling, they do tae kwon do). I reply “me too” and they are instantly impressed. They play harder and rougher than anyone, the teachers dont know what to do with them on the playground, lol. Anyways, that’s my journal entry for the day, lol.

Also got in 11 miles on the bike before work and after.

Last edited:
8/29/23
11 miles to work

Lots of pushups in sets of ten or so throughout the day. Other exercises mixed in as well, need to start hitting up the playground for pullups during lunch.

11 miles home.

Hopefully some pullups tonight but not sure either.
Edit: started the 5 fighter pullup program
5,4,3,2,1 chin ups

Last edited:
9/4-9/4 were mostly off days but full of activity, I did bust out some dips at my in laws.

9/5/23
5 mile bike in

Push ups during fitness testing for the students. Busted out some gymnastics moves on the mats after with the girls. My handstands/walking on my hands are better than they have ever been. I feel incredibly strong and lean at the moment. Really liking just working with bodyweight. The chin ups and time on the bar has my core super strong and I think that is making the biggest difference in my ability to do free standing handstands. Busted out a few one arm pushups as well.
Weight is down overall as well, weighed in at 216 after dinner which is low for me.

11 mile ride to help coach the run club at my kids school.

Cubs game with the fam to cap it all off! We will pay for this tomorrow…

6,5,4,3,2 chin ups as a night cap

Back
Top Bottom