all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

7/22/23
14x5 1hs @40k
1x20
Coaching soccer, few pull ups

7/23/23
A few more swings to start the day, then ran to church and back with the kids on their bikes. Somewhere around 5k.
Some hangs and pull ups

7/24/24
Playground races and hangs/pull ups
Crawl reverse/forward and hangs WU
16x5 DCnP @24/24k
Feeling better, reps aren’t climbing as i hoped but i feel that my form is better overall. Truly focusing on keeping a tight core and foundation.

7/28/23
19x4 DCnP @24/24k in 30:00
Drove to campground for the weekend

7/29/23
Lots of swimming, volleyball hangs/pulls and outdoor funtivities.

7/30/23
4 mile run with the wife (she did 8)
Golf cart scavenger hunt
High ropes course

7/31/23
2 mile run
Drove to burbs and had to train it back to city. 6 mile bike ride home when i got there.

8/1/23
Did not make much progress in giant 1.0 but thats ok. Switching to KSK block and then ill run 1.1.

2(1,2,3,4,5)
Snatches each side @32k in 20:00.
Will likely do something this afternoon.

7/28/23
19x4 DCnP @24/24k in 30:00
Drove to campground for the weekend

7/29/23
Lots of swimming, volleyball hangs/pulls and outdoor funtivities.

7/30/23
4 mile run with the wife (she did 8)
Golf cart scavenger hunt
High ropes course

7/31/23
2 mile run
Drove to burbs and had to train it back to city. 6 mile bike ride home when i got there.

8/1/23
Did not make much progress in giant 1.0 but thats ok. Switching to KSK block and then ill run 1.1.

2(1,2,3,4,5)
Snatches each side @32k in 20:00.
Will likely do something this afternoon.
Maybe try the original giant routine which was done with a single kb. Same rep scheme.

Maybe try the original giant routine which was done with a single kb. Same rep scheme.
I’m cycling giant with doubles (4weeks) and king sized killer with singles (3 weeks). I feel as though my strength is already singles. While i did not make progress in sets/ reps this cycle, I did improve my form and competency. This should transition better into each cycle. Much like my snatching quickly came back as i progressed through the first ladder today.

8/6/23
Run-quick hill workout
Lift- 100 pushups
Shoot-bow practice
Always been a Cam Hanes fan and loved this concept. Was at my buddies cabin and had an opportunity to re-create a faux lift, run, shoot workout.
Supplemented with plenty of swimming and water sports.
Topped it off with venison for dinner.

8/7/23
mobility and locomotor skills
Teaching gymnastics movements
Teaching basic dance steps
Its circus week here and my last week at this job…trying to cap it off with a big top performance of tumbling, dance and magic. My colleague is the magician.
KSK snatches @32k
2(1,2,3,4,5), 1,2,3

Last edited:
8/11/23
Last day of camp…last day at this job…sad day. Good times here, did a lot for my family. Worried that ill never be at another school with such a great gymnasium packed with gymnastics and tumbling gear. Got out my emotions through heavy snatches.

KSK
1(1,2,3,4)
tried starting this session at lunch but got called away after one ladder so a bonus 10 per side.
3(1,2,3,4)
1,2,3 @32k in 20:00

Last edited:
8/12/23
Soccer, gymnastics, errands, and fishing with the kids. Wicked gourmet steak dinner that i made throughout the afternoon.

8/13/23
Errands, brake, oil, brake master cylinder changeout on the ol’ family truckster.

Wanted to get more in this weekend but just committed to having fun and getting stuff done. Snatches in the AM!

8/15/23
Lots of chores/projects this week, working on making parts of my attic more 7usable and mot just for storage.

Went to a matinee with the kids, they biked, i ran. 4 miles or so in total.

More project work.

8/16/23
Walk and warmup with the son as wife did her workout and i waited my turn.
KSK
4(1,2,3)+ 1,2

Swimming with the kids at river park and went for a walk on the river after.

8/17/23
Mostly an off day, took the kids to the aquarium did a lot of walking and walked down by the lake. My son and I are full on into pokemon go. Our new methodology is to run to pokestops as fast as possible, catch a pokemon and get back to running. Thinking we need to do pushups or something when we catch one. Fyi pokemon go uses gps and you actually have yo move around the city/environment to get stuff. Basically AR geocaching.

8/18/23
Chores
Mobility
KSK
4(1,2,3,4) both sides @ 32k in 20:00
Walking/playing with the kids.

Last edited:
8/19/23
Coaching soccer and hanging with the fam.

8/20/23
Off day

8/21/23
5 mile bike to student teaching
Full day
6 mile bike home (faster/harder rides)
3x5 chin ups and suppersetted HLR
Then 4,3,2,1 finisher supper-sets
Gymnastics/soccer with the kids

Back on a cycle of the giant (1.1) . Not going to chase numbers and will be waving time based on feeling. I was drained today.
10x6 DCnP @24/24k in 20:00.
Effort was high.
Excited to be back in the groove and bike commuting again. Feeling the lack of cardio lately.

Back
Top Bottom