all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice: 5.6 mile run. Slow and steady, but hr was super jacked up. I’ve been training in the evenings a lot and this was an early morning run. Wonder if that’s it, hr went way down to normal towards the end of the run.
I do prefer morning runs/ workouts. Most of times my hr is hight, but return to normal quick. But it is also different on days, even with the same workout. Maybe sleep, temperature etc causes this? I don't know.

I do prefer morning runs/ workouts. Most of times my hr is hight, but return to normal quick. But it is also different on days, even with the same workout. Maybe sleep, temperature etc causes this? I don't know.
I haven’t gotten good sleep for a couple of nights actually, you may be right. I’ve been doing the heavy presses too. Could be a sign of overtraining?

Probably all of the above.. temps, alcohol, fasting and sleep are all factors for me.

Friday’s practice: 7/30/21
3x5 goblet squat @ 40k
Pp 5x2@40k
Messed around doing some full squat pp at this weight. They are hard.
Left for my camping trip as well.
Saturday 7/31/21
1 mile run with my fathers giant dogs just for us all to get out and move.
Today’s practice 8/1/21
8 mile run, few miles easy, pick it up for a few, then finish off at 5k pace for a few miles. Still camping so i got to enjoy some back country roads and trails.

Last edited:
Additional practice: barbell work:
Worked up to max bb seated overhead press @ 155#. Did some more reps with it and some bench front squats. Finished off with a bit of bb conditioning. Clean, squat, press @ 100#

Yesterday’s practice: 8/4/21
Easy 7 mile run with my doggy

Today’s practice:
Day 1 of of #Soju and Tuba
Mobility/warmup
4x1@75#
Chose this plan due to it’s simplicity, it addresses my goal of preasing the 40k, and shouldn’t interfere with marathon training.

Last edited:
Yesterday’s practice: 8/6/21
All my kids have been sick (croup cough) been stuck inside, my oldest has had a pulled muscle in her thigh that is turning out to be a mass in her femur head….just been a stressfull/depressing week. My wife and I have been stressed too and it’s just creating constant tension. I was too tired/depressed to go running the day before but knew that i would benefit from getting it in yesterday. Kids played in the frontyard/inside as I did a 1/2 mile warm up with the dog jogging around my block. If you go all the way from one stop sign to the other and cross to the other side of the street and return to the start it is almost 400m (1/4 mile) is actually about .22 miles. So i did (almost) 400m repeats x8 at around 6:30 pace, with walking breaks inbetween. Felt good after, in a much better headspace. I know my daughter will be ok, i just don’t want her to have to go through it. My wife and i had planned for a concert/date night before all of this madness too so we’re going through with it.

Last edited:
All my kids have been sick (croup cough) been stuck inside, my oldest has had a pulled muscle in her thigh that is turning out to be a mass in her femur head….just been a stressfull/depressing week. My wife and I have been stressed too and it’s just creating constant tension. I was too tired/depressed to go running the day before but knew that i would benefit from getting it in yesterday. Kids played in the frontyard/inside as I did a 1/2 mile warm up with the dog jogging around my block. If you go all the way from one stop sign to the other and cross to the other side of the street and return to the start it is almost 400m (1/4 mile) is actually about .22 miles. So i did (almost) 400m repeats x8 at around 6:30 pace, with walking breaks inbetween. Felt good after, in a much better headspace. I know my daughter will be ok, i just don’t want her to have to go through it. My wife and i had planned for a concert/date night before all of this madness too so we’re going through with it.
Hang in there Larry, this will soon pass.. I'm just now emerging from a truckload of stress, and it feels goooood.. It's amazing how much energy stress robs from us.

Like Brett said, hang in there. Hopefully everything will turn to normal soon and everybody is healthy again. Take care

@blutsj , @Bret S. ; thanks fellas. I know it’ll get better too. Almost didn’t say anything but it felt within context of my training and felt good to get out. Honestly after running yesterday everything felt/looked better.
Haven’t finished yet but currently getting in day 2 of Soju and Tuba, so….
Today’s Practice: Soju and Tuba day 2
3x5 goblet squat @75#
6x1 strict press L/R @75#

Addition to yesterday’s practice: 15 mile bike ride round trip to see a concert downtown.
Today’s practice: 15.5 mile run. Very hot, but i fueled and hydrated well. My body has acclimated to the heat very well this summer, and i feel like i have my nutrition/pre/during/after down pretty well.

Today’s practice: 8-10-21
7 mile run with my dog, she’s getting pretty well conditioned herself. One day she will learn the hard way not to mess with geese. Plan to do d3 of soju and tuba tonight 8x1@75#

Today’s practice: 8-12-21
9.7 mile run, 2 mile warm up to the river path, theres a nice bridge with an incline/hill that is almost exactly 400m of incline. So I’d run at my 5k/1/2 marathon pace up and over the hill till i hit 800m. Then I’d turn around and walk/jog it out for 400m back towards the bridge and hit an 800m going the other way. Did that 8 times then a 2 mile run home.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 8-12-21
9.7 mile run, 2 mile warm up to the river path, theres a nice bridge with an in line/hill that is almost exactly 400m of incline. So I’d run at my 5k/1/2 marathon pace up and over the hill till i hit 800m. Then I’d turn around and walk/jog it out for 400m back towards the bridge and hit an 800m going the other way. Did that 8 times then a 2 mile run home.
These days I like the combination of a run and a walk (last week also afdingen some jogs). Never did it as it, but few months ago I had to use it, and now I do enjoy. It gives you some rest so you can push extra with the runs.

These days I like the combination of a run and a walk (last week also afdingen some jogs). Never did it as it, but few months ago I had to use it, and now I do enjoy. It gives you some rest so you can push extra with the runs.
I agree, i started off just jogging the 400m but found that i was running it too fast and not truly allowing myself to recover. So after the first couple i decided to start with around a minute of walking and then start jogging.

Today’s practice:
Soju and Tuba day 4
10x1 @ 75#, spaced it out over a couple of hours while I was outside with my kids and the neighborhood youth. Was a bit of a grind but overall i really like this program. Going for an 18 miler tomorrow so hopefully my glutes wont be too sore. I’m trying to do perfect presses with my back not arching, glutes pinched, and core tight.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 8-15-21
18 mile run, started out slow and steady, but started to ramp up towards the end. Ran a noce 9:30 pace all the way through till the last five, picked it up to a 9 min pace. Then for the last 2.5 i kicked it up to an 8 min pace.

Back
Top Bottom