all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Medial Knee Pain

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

dbamfrd

Level 1 Valued Member
Went for a run on Tuesday evening after a bit of time off, had a niggle whilst out, but thought nothing of it, woke up following day with Medial Knee Pain, freeze sprays and NSAIDS help however, but for my sanity can someone clarify if it is easy to obtain bone bruising or a MCL sprain/tear or am I overthinking it?

Happy to rest it from running, cycling would be fine I imagine as non weight bearing, also is it possible to still do leg exercises with kettlebells / bodyweight as it doesn't hurt during those movements?

Went for a run on Tuesday evening after a bit of time off, had a niggle whilst out, but thought nothing of it, woke up following day with Medial Knee Pain, freeze sprays and NSAIDS help however, but for my sanity can someone clarify if it is easy to obtain bone bruising or a MCL sprain/tear or am I overthinking it?
Might be bursitis or tendinopathy at the pes anserinus (goose feet). Just saying this because I have that particular issue.

If pain persists you should consult. I've been dealing with this issue for way too long (years) and would not wish this on anyone.

Happy to rest it from running, cycling would be fine I imagine as non weight bearing, also is it possible to still do leg exercises with kettlebells / bodyweight as it doesn't hurt during those movements?
Disclaimer: This is not medical advice.

I would take it easy until it feels better for at least a few days, before running again. The response I have always gotten from professionals is that if it doesn't hurt, don't worry about it. I would use that to guide your activities. I seemingly randomly get knee tweaks, but they often go away with movement. I would guess that your knee got bothered since (if I am understanding you correctly) you went running after not running for a while. Give it another week or two. If it's not getting better, consider seeing a physical therapist or orthopedic doc.

Hope it helps, welcome to the forum.

Wouldn't say it hurts as such, just a constant ache, have found that if I lightly tap the bone just under my knee on the inside it does twinge a bit, maybe give cycling a miss too?

Might be bursitis or tendinopathy at the pes anserinus (goose feet). Just saying this because I have that particular issue.

If pain persists you should consult. I've been dealing with this issue for way too long (years) and would not wish this on anyone.
That is the exact spot of the pain!!

That is the exact spot of the pain!!
Well, take a few days of rest and consult a sports doc or physical therapist. I hope it's just a tweak and that it'll clear up by itself.

I made my issue worst when I first had it some 10 years ago by stretching and just generally not knowing what to do. It finally cleared up, for many years I was able to train and do everything I wanted, but it came back almost 3 years ago and I still have issues with it today.

Well, take a few days of rest and consult a sports doc or physical therapist. I hope it's just a tweak and that it'll clear up by itself.

I made my issue worst when I first had it some 10 years ago by stretching and just generally not knowing what to do. It finally cleared up, for many years I was able to train and do everything I wanted, but it came back almost 3 years ago and I still have issues with it today.
Thankfully I'm self employed and one of our clients is a physiotherapist, so I'll have to do some brain picking.

Back
Top Bottom