all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Program Structure

ps_simpleton

First Post
I am at a point where I can actually max out at: ~40 pushups, ~10 pull-ups, ~15 dips
I am training mostly for hypertrophy but, I want to get to some good strength levels at the basics. So the goal here is:
~50 pushups, >15 pull-ups, >20 dips.
So My Question is: what will help me for best results:
A Pull-Push-Rest(Skill) Routine, or a full body with one day rest between.
The first split seems to allow for ~5 days a week, with less recovery,
The second split offers greater recovery and is well advised for beginners.
I just want the most efficient way to build muscle and strength by focusing on the fundamentals.

You will have to try and find a way to fit all of those goals (strength, hypertrophy, strength endurance) into a single plan, but for Pullups/dips I would use Fighter pull up plan and to increase pushup numbers there is no better way than GTG, it always works.
On other side, dont forget that you also have a lower body which is not really working a lot during dips, pullups and pushups.

I am at a point where I can actually max out at: ~40 pushups, ~10 pull-ups, ~15 dips
I am training mostly for hypertrophy but, I want to get to some good strength levels at the basics. So the goal here is:
~50 pushups, >15 pull-ups, >20 dips.
So My Question is: what will help me for best results:
A Pull-Push-Rest(Skill) Routine, or a full body with one day rest between.
The first split seems to allow for ~5 days a week, with less recovery,
The second split offers greater recovery and is well advised for beginners.
I just want the most efficient way to build muscle and strength by focusing on the fundamentals.
You could do some sessions with weighted pushups, pullups and dips, working more in the 6-8RM range.

Instead of doing the programming yourself, confused and constantly wondering whether you did the right thing, why not leave the programming to an expert and reap the results?
I would recommend Fabio Zonin's Built Strong Minimalist. Buy it, create a custom BTS3 plan with the plan generator, run a cycle, and enjoy your strength gain and muscle growth. If some weights are available and you can do your BW movements weighted, this is the best you can get.
Here is the link: Built Strong Minimalist by Fabio Zonin
The product is 77$, thought they constantly offer 50% discount, so about 40$.

Im at similar strength as you, 30 feet elevated pushups 10/11 Pullups 20 dips.
I do fullbody every other day now, changed from MTTF as i felt i needed more rest.
Normally once i get to 20 reps of something I'll do a harder variation or add a weight vest.
I only do 3 sets of push 3 pull 1-3 for legs.
Legs i do high rep, 100-200 sometimes 1 set of 100 sometimes 3x50 sometimes 10x15 fast constant tension heel elevated squats with 30s rest then always finish with core

Back
Top Bottom