all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I was initially impressed with my SF bells (bought a 16 and a 32). I wanted matching doubles so I buoght 2 x 24 SF kettlebells — the bells purchased at the exact same time came out of the box like they were 2 different manufacturers. Quality control is difficult. I have subsequently downgraded my recommendations to folks.
Dang! That sucks.

I think they change their bells a bunch though.
I bought some PBs when SF sold them and they have a not great powder coat on them. So if you got an e-coat thats gotta be a different run of bells.
I’ve bought the current generation of StrongFirst bells on 3 or 4 different occasions including some just a few weeks ago. I can’t tell which I bought when - they all seem exactly the same to me. (My current collection includes at least a pair each in every size up to 32 kg and singles in all the larger sizes. I have others in 4, 6, 56, and 64 kg, sizes SF doesn’t make.)

-S-

I work part-time at a gas station. For some reason, I qualified to receive $500 worth in gift cards. We could get cards for a number of different places, but since I don't live anywhere near any of those places, I opted for an online Amazon card. I'm using it to order a 16 kg Pro Kettlebell, which will be the first one I've ever owned. I've used a number of them (my school has a number they keep in the school gym, and the gym I go to has several). But this will be the first one I've ever bought for myself.

I’ve bought the current generation of StrongFirst bells on 3 or 4 different occasions including some just a few weeks ago. I can’t tell which I bought when - they all seem exactly the same to me. (My current collection includes at least a pair each in every size up to 32 kg and singles in all the larger sizes. I have others in 4, 6, 56, and 64 kg, sizes SF doesn’t make.)

-S-
edit: no I was talking about the kettlebells SF sold before they got their branded ones. They were perform better brand. Their price and quality did not match.

Last edited:
No shield logo, other side is blank ?
The shield logo is on the other side.

I really like the SF bells, they comprise about half of my collection at this point (mostly the bigger ones I’ve purchased as I’ve gotten stronger). Definitely seen some improvements over the couple of years they’ve been making them.

This one didn’t come in a box (or the box didn’t survive the trip) so it’s pre-scuffed. Pretty sure it won all the fights it had on the journey .

Got my new 28 kg today. Same excellent quality as the 14 kg pair I got in 2021. Very happy.
Even in my admittedly biased opinion, StrongFirst kettlebells have been a ne plus ultra product. All my students prefer them to the alternatives and I've even gone so far as to let my students "trade in" their other brands of kettlebells to me when they go and buy StrongFirst ones - I just sell the other ones to other students at whatever I paid the first student for them.

All this about StrongFirst's own kettlebells - I have very little experience with the earlier Perform Better bells StrongFirst sold, although I did own one, a 44 kg, and it did just fine here for several years. I bought it used and have no idea what vintage of PB bells it was from but I do remember that those changed over the years, too.

-S-

IMG_0180.png
I was looking to buy one of these treadmills. Does anyone have one from this company or can recommend a similar one that is a good quality? Thank you!

Even in my admittedly biased opinion, StrongFirst kettlebells have been a ne plus ultra product.
Where can I find SF bells outside of US? I would be very much interested in purchasing but can't get them shipped from US to India as it would become prohibitively expensive. If there was a way to get it directly from the manufacturing site to location then a bulk order purchase might work. Any thoughts on how this can be done? I was also trying to explore getting the RKC bells but that was turning out to be pretty expensive due to shipping and import duties, etc.

I preordered the Freak Athlete Nordic Hyper GHD a while back, and I just received it. The box containing it was left next to the porch instead of on the porch. Whoever delivered it did not feel like carrying it up the porch steps. The box weighed 106 lbs.

I can't power clean a large 106lb box myself, so I had to cut the box open and carry individual parts out of it up the porch and into the house.

I cobbled together these routines, which is to be done after the main exercise session - alternating between the two:

Day A:
Assisted Nordic Curl 3x5
45 degree Back Extension 3x10

Day B:
QL Raise 3x10 (per side)

When the exercise starts feeling easy, switch to weighted. I have KBs starting at 8kg for this.

Back
Top Bottom