all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Hey Pavel,

I recently recovered from a rib injury … first class back at BJJ and I suffered a grade 2 MCL sprain. Think I read on your log that you had an MCL injury at some point. Any advice on the healing process?

Thanks,
Sean

Hey Pavel,

I recently recovered from a rib injury … first class back at BJJ and I suffered a grade 2 MCL sprain. Think I read on your log that you had an MCL injury at some point. Any advice on the healing process?

Thanks,
Sean

Sean,

- follow your docs recommendations first, then
- move your hips and ankles (neighbouring joints) in all possible ways., then
- knee flexion-extension when sitting, then
- light bike (stationary), then
- hip hinge > deadlift > standing on one leg > single leg deadlift (no weight, use the assistance of the other leg) > kettlebell SLDL, then
- assisted bodyweight squats (keep the shins vertical), then
- regular squats, then
- bodyweight hack squats, then
- weighted hack squats

General rules:

-accumulate lots of reps throughout the day - do lots of sets of 10-30+ reps.
-don't go to pain - just approach the painful ROM, but do not go there
-each of the progressions above may take a few days, or a few weeks - it depends

How was it? Totally zero kcal? Would you recommend? My longest fast lasted 48h and felt good, moreover it wasn't as challenging as it looks like.
Just water and tea. I had a couple of 3 days fasts before, 5 days wasn't difficult at all. Most benefits (autophagia) of so-called therapeutic fast are - according to the research - 4-5 days, up to 7 days max.
I cover it in great detail in THE FORGE: Full Year's Transformation Program [ONLINE COURSE] | SIMPLEXSTRONG, as well as live at StrongFirst Resilient.

Back
Top Bottom