all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

@Pavel Macek , I've been following S&S 2.0 since the fall last year and progressed from 24x 10/10 to Timeless Simple successfully. Now I would like to achieve Timed Simple but have no access to a heavier bell. What approach would you suggest to reach the Simple goal having only 32 kg kettlebell?

@Pavel Macek , I've been following S&S 2.0 since the fall last year and progressed from 24x 10/10 to Timeless Simple successfully. Now I would like to achieve Timed Simple but have no access to a heavier bell. What approach would you suggest to reach the Simple goal having only 32 kg kettlebell?

Not Pavel (though we share the same tactical haircut, love for batman) how competent and confident are you in doing snatches? I've found working up in volume with snatches helps get you ready for timed simple as a form of specialized variety

Not Pavel (though we share the same tactical haircut, love for batman) how competent and confident are you in doing snatches? I've found working up in volume with snatches helps get you ready for timed simple as a form of specialized variety
Unfortunately I do not practice Snatches due to the right wrist infujry.

Just keep doing the program with 32 kg, and:

- do the swings as usual, but one-arm swings only. Occasionally, do the two-arm. swings if you feel a bit tired.
- add a pause in each of the transitions of the get-up, to build strength reserve.
- about once a week, shorten the rest periods - just make them shorter, don't do the test yet.
- once you feel ready, do the test, observing all the rules. If you do not make it, just make a note, and make another 2-3 attempts in follow-uo weeks. If you do not make it, back to regular training, 2-3 months, and then repeat.
- save money and buy 40 kg.

Just keep doing the program with 32 kg, and:

- do the swings as usual, but one-arm swings only. Occasionally, do the two-arm. swings if you feel a bit tired.
- add a pause in each of the transitions of the get-up, to build strength reserve.
- about once a week, shorten the rest periods - just make them shorter, don't do the test yet.
- once you feel ready, do the test, observing all the rules. If you do not make it, just make a note, and make another 2-3 attempts in follow-uo weeks. If you do not make it, back to regular training, 2-3 months, and then repeat.
- save money and buy 40 kg.
Very helpful, thx. One more questh, 3-4 times a week as in the book?

Last week

Travelling, teaching - Flexible Steel cert + SFG Kettlebell Level I Cert in France. So far the biggest event I led as a Master Instructor.

Today's practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat, 10x10 one-arm swing, 10x1 get-up, all with 48 kg
Business as usually.

Today's pic

195588031_5526375587436303_4403173585655389616_n.jpg

So far the biggest SFG Kettlebell Level I instructor certification that I have had the privilege of teaching.
Big thanks to StrongFirst France, my brothers in strength Alexey and Sven, the whole team of assistants and participants. You guys rock!

Today's Practice: Rendez-vous with the Beast
  • 3x5 goblet squat, 10x10 two-arm swing, 10x1 get-up, all with 48 kg
Very tired - I slept for almost 10 hours. Hence the two-arm swings.

Back
Top Bottom