all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
When I'll be 40 yo, I want to do that ! :) 1000 congrats for such patience and dedication !

Hope you'll reach Sinister soon, but seems on the right sweet track !

Kind regards,

Pet'

I'll be 40 yo next Saturday, but no way in hell, I'm not gonna do that. I'm not there yet.:oops:Fortunately bulldog is the biggest bell that I have.:)

Saturday: Teaching a full day workshop MMA Prep with one of the best Czech MMA fighters Viktor Pešta.

Sunday:
Rest.

Today's practice:

- 3x10 halos with 16, 3x5 SFG bridges, 3x5 goblet squats with 48
- 10x10 swings with 44, 48, 48, 48, 48
- 5x1 get-up 44

Today's picture: Wrestler's Bridge

b (kopie).jpg

Hello,

An old time strongman once said "to know if someone is strong, look at his neck". I really like the pictures in your log :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet'

"If I want to find out how much physical force a man possesses, or is likely to possess in a dormant state, I look at his neck. That never fails to answer my question. In both man and the other male beasts, the neck has always been the true indication of the quality and quantity of his concentrated nerve power. A strong healthy man always has a powerful neck, and he always will have one. "

- George F. Jowett, Key to Might and Muscle

@pet'

"If I want to find out how much physical force a man possesses, or is likely to possess in a dormant state, I look at his neck. That never fails to answer my question. In both man and the other male beasts, the neck has always been the true indication of the quality and quantity of his concentrated nerve power. A strong healthy man always has a powerful neck, and he always will have one. "

- George F. Jowett, Key to Might and Muscle

My shirt collars getting tighter was the first thing I noticed after sometime of bent pressing and swinging (and crawling).

Today's practice:

- 3x10 halos with 16, 3x5 SFG bridges, 3x5 goblet squats with 48
- 10x10 swings with 44, 48, 48, 48, 48
- 5x1 get-up 44

Today's note: I am very happy with how smoothly it goes. My right hand get-up got so much better! I can do 10 get-ups in 10 minutes without any struggle, happy.

Today's picture: Siegmund Klein

siegmund-klein-kettlebell.jpg

Today's article: Siegmund Klein, The Kettlebell (1932)

Enjoy!

Hello,

All the swings with 48 ! Congratulations ! :)

Do you plan to do all of them @48 from now on or are you on an heavy wave ?

Sinister has never been so close :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' Actually, I have already been on this number few months ago, but cut the weight on the purpose, to climb up again. Main thing is that it feels lighter, plus - I can recover from the practice very good > improvement. I will keep doing it for some time with these weights, and then add 56 (swings) and 48 (get-ups). Sinister is close, but no hurry.

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
PttP principle ! Strong abs + Strong grip = Strong body !

Pavel, you always underlines the bests principles :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Today's practice: Easy practice with a dumbbell - working on proper technique

I am travelling to Slovakia (long way by train) to teach a private kettlebell intro workshop, 5+5 hours tomorrow, so just easy practice.

Today's video: My English Instagram Channel

If you a fan of old school kettlebell, barbell, and dumbbell lifting, please follow my SimplexStrong Instagram channel HERE & Youtube Channel HERE.

Btw. one of my side projects evolved into a major one - book, video, and course comping soon :)

Yesterday's practice:

I was teaching a full day workshop on kettlebell basics to a group of fitness pros in Slovakia. Many of them showed interest in getting certified either at SFL or SFG we organise this year in Prague (see the links in my signature) - happy.

They had only light kettlebells over there, so I did just my usual "weighted mobility" kettlebell from the ground up sequence, windmills, prying goblet squats etc.

What do you do when you end up in a commercial fitness with no kettlebells, or just light kettlebells? You find the heaviest dumbbell and lift it over your head. The gentleman next to me doing lateral delt raises was kind of surprised...

Back
Top Bottom