all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Hi Coach /Sifu Pavel,
Do you have an eta yet for the dumbbell PM?
Or would you consider a few Beta testers? I am a big fan of old school dumbbell training and am very excited to see what you have programmed.
Regards
Micah

Hi Coach /Sifu Pavel,
Do you have an eta yet for the dumbbell PM?
Or would you consider a few Beta testers? I am a big fan of old school dumbbell training and am very excited to see what you have programmed.
Regards
Micah

Micah,

I have already taught 2 test workshops, and plan to do last one local in Czechia before I launch it internationally. Manuals are done, book almost done, I am waiting for the announcement of another big thing I have been working on last few years - and then the dumbbell project is ready to go! Please follow my log and www.simplexstrong.com website/newsletter for more info.

StrongFirst - bearing the Health & Strength torch of the legendary ancestors of the Iron Game.

1.jpg

Yesterday's practice: From Solid to Sinister

Early morning session before leadership meeting - so great to practice with Fabio, Mike Souza, Ivan...

- goblet squats - 3x(5x40 kg)
- one-arm swings - 10x(40 kg), 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 10x( 40 kg), 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

...and then awesome lesson by Pavel, and discussing what we love with HQ, my colleagues, and friends.

Today - on the road back to Czechia!

nordquest-kettlebell.jpg

"Joe Nordquest, practicing an exercise that calls into play his powerful deltoids."

- Strength, 1925.​

Today's practice:

Just few SFG1/SFG2 lifts, random acts of variety. Amanda from HQ is coming to Prague for a short trip, so the plan is sightseeing, good food, and good beer! She is our angel, taking care of LOTS of stuff I background, working hard day and night - we are lucky to have her.

How many days a week are you doing S&S? With yourself and all the people you train, is there a number of days that the "magic" of the program seems to occur at?

How many days a week are you doing S&S? With yourself and all the people you train, is there a number of days that the "magic" of the program seems to occur at?

According my experience:

- up to 6x/7x/week - towards "Simple" - truly almost daily
- 3x-4x/week - after reaching "Simple"
- 3x/week- seems to be minimum effective dose, regardless where you are - towards "Simple", or beyond. Optimum frequency if it is getting heavier - beyond "Simple", towards "Sinister"
- 2x/week - maintenance, if S&S is not your main program; if S&S is your main training program, I would not expect much progress.

My issue is not time - I have plenty of it when I am in Prague, but: often, I am not, I travel a lot. Currently I do my S&S 3x-4x/week.

Today's practice: S&S

- goblet squats
- 5x40, 5x44, 5x40
- one-arm swings - 10x40, 10x44, 10x44, 10x44, 10x40 - 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 1x40, 1x44, 1x44, 1x44, 1x40 - 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Even with lots of traveling and teaching obligations, I am able to do comfortably my S&S session with 40-44 - happy.

More traveling and teaching on the horizon. Happy!

Today's photo

43321875_2185814181637016_7879530590171561984_n.jpg

[André] Giroux, the French Canadian.

- George F. Jowett, “Can I name the World’s Strongest Man?”, in: Strength, 1925.​

Notice the technique and angles - this is how the strongest people in the world lifted heavy dumbbells.

Today's practice

- StrongFirst RESILIENT... because that is what I always do on my variety days. And because the info about the workshop is officially out, I will start to write it in my log.

I have also started to work on another article, dedicated to simple program that will help the SFGs/SFLs/SFBs keep their skills sharp. Working title for time being is "The Shield, the Spear, and the Sword".

Today's practice: S&S

- goblet squats
- 5x40, 5x44, 5x40
- one-arm swings - 10x40, 10x44, 10x44, 10x44, 10x40 - 100 swings total (sum of left and right)
- get-ups - 1x40, 1x44, 1x44, 1x44, 1x40 - 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right)

Today's note

By far the easiest 44 kg session ever - I had to double check it is really 44 kg and not 36 kg.

• Swings - hypoxic/hypercapnic "warmup" (breath holds on exhale from Second Wind) before swings helps, a lot.
  • Get-ups - focusing on pushing hard with the bent foot in the floor; pushing in, up and out the kettlebell, rolling smoothly to the side - helps, a lot.

Today's practice

- StrongFirst RESILIENT

Today's photo

barbbell-snatch.jpg

The One Hand Snatch

Fig. 1. Note the strong position of the legs in the initial stage.
Fig 2. The weight carried to the logical height where the dip commences.
Fig. 3. The lift completed by the “dip”. Note how the left arm helps to control the balance.

- George F. Jowett, in: Strength, 10, 1925.​

Back
Top Bottom