all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Semester goals

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Comrades,

Later this week I'll move to another town for one semester and want to achieve (or at least come close to) Timeless Simple AND put on some muscle, too. 1,86m at ~72kg isn't that much and while I look athletic I'd like to put a little frame on.

What's your caloric intake like?

If you're not in a caloric surplus, regardless of what program you pick, you're not going to gain weight unless you're in a caloric surplus.

Your body can't create mass out of thin air.

FWIW, I'm a little shorter than you (182 cm), but at 104 kg, my maintenance calories right now (I'm in a high volume training block, plus rowing) is ~3600 calories a day.

Basic strength trg pyramid… build big engine, then make engine strong, then make engine powerful.

What should I read to better understand the difference between making the engine strong and making it powerful ?

At the moment am thinking Strong = Lift a big Weight once and Powerful = Lift a big weight very quickly lots of times ?

What should I read to better understand the difference between making the engine strong and making it powerful ?

At the moment am thinking Strong = Lift a big Weight once and Powerful = Lift a big weight very quickly lots of times ?

Mostly correct.

Power = explosive, ballistic, fast application of strength.

"Lots of times" isn't necessary, e.g. in Olympic weightlifting the snatch and clean and jerk aren't done for reps.

Mostly correct.

Power = explosive, ballistic, fast application of strength.

"Lots of times" isn't necessary, e.g. in Olympic weightlifting the snatch and clean and jerk aren't done for reps.
I’d also add to this strength isn’t once. Training with 1 RM isn’t necessarily the productive option.

Low reps in both cases - strength anc power.
Power = ballistic too.

So deadlift heavy for 5 vs swing heavy for 3-5. Or squat heavy vs Sprint fast for 50m. Etc

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom