all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

I slept very little, and felt a bit of headache. I still pushed through. Did not feel that tired. Not fresh either.

Week 3, day 1 og 5RF Front squat program.

3 sets of 5: 24+28 kilo.
2 sets of 5: 28+28 kilo.

Double cleans: 28+28: 5,6,6. (Double cleans with 28 is quite hard. I would say it was on the brink of being very hard, but I did not push myself very hard with the sets or reps, but I could still feel that double cleans very soon could be very heavy. It also get my lunges breathing, and heart pumping.

Tested my push ups yesterday: 26 reps.

Today did push up with Photo bag on my back: 6,6,6.

Did strength aerobics. Tried to keep the guidelines. I read about the word: Underbelled. That mean you are using to light bells.

I used 28 for the clean, press and squat. And then I used 20 for the snatch.

Here is how I did it:

28 kilo: 1 clean, 1 press, 1 squat. Left.
20 kilo: 1 snatch. Left.
Then I did the same with the right.
Easier training set is almost always better.

20 minutes and 30 seconds.

28 sets. 1,4 sets every minute.

Home office. While I waited for my coffee to brew and my computer to update I did suitcase carry with a 28 kettlebell. I did this inside my apartment.

So 28 kilo: 4 minutes * 3. It did not feel heavy at all. I think it is important to do it gradually.

Still pain in my right forearm.

Iron cardio og strength aerobics:

According to the 5rm Front squat program, Friday is supposed to be the easy day. So I used 24 instead of 28. But I applied "the traveling two" (Brett Jones´ concept)

24 kilo kettlebell: 2 Clean, 1 press, 1 squat. left
20 kilo Snatch: 2 reps.
Repeat with right.
Then 1 clean, 2 press,1 squat left.
Snatch 2 reps.
etc etc.

20 minutes. 24 sets. 1,2 sets pr. minute.

Walked for a couple of hours. Then went home and did 20 minutes of Great Gamma Protocol (program that Pavel Macek made). And then I added three sets of push-ups since such-ups are my GTG exercise right now.

Week 4 of 5RM Front Squat program:

Set 1: 24+28: 5 reps
Set 2,3,4: 28+28: 5 reps pr. set.
Set 5: 28+32: 5 reps.

This was actually quite hard. 7-8 effort.

Next exercise:

Push-ups with a bag (8 kilo): 7,5,10.

Some light exercises without weight for the posterior deltoids.

My goal for the test in two weeks: 5 reps with 36+40 kilo.
After that it is back to Plan Strong Front Squat program.

Slow and easy cardio:

37 minutes on the stationary bike. 13.6 km. Resistance level 4. It is PR for how long I have bicycled on a stationary bike. I think I will go up to 40. And then go down to 20 and either try to increase speed or increase resistance level. 37 minutes is really quite challenging for me in terms of pushing into the land of boredom.

I did Strength cardio for 25 minutes:

24 kilo: clean, press, squat. The wandering two.
2 Snatch one side.
and repeat opposite side.

Don't know of many sets I had.

Do I have any strength aerobics goal ? Maybe the above work-out with 32 kilo (clean, press and squat) and 28 (snatch), 40 minutes and 60 sets.

Last edited:
Strength cardio for 24 minutes and 42 seconds.
36 sets.
1 clean, 1 press, 1 squat (28 kilo)
1 snatch (20 kilo).

Then did 10*1 neutral grip pull ups. They sure hurt a bit at the top position. This is Mark Riptoe´s program that aims at curing golfer´s elbow.

My snatch technique has improved quite a lot.

I have some more goals relating to grip and forearms. Not sure if it will be useful, but I think it will be fun :)

1) Do a kettlebell mile with 28 kilo.
2) Wicked wrist roller 5 reps with 12 kilo.
3) Close the captain of crushes 2.
4) Lifting a stick with 2 kilos in a hammer motion up and down. (sort of like a wrist extension but the thumb is pointing upwards, and you are holding a stick in the same manner you would hold a hammer.
5) 5 rows with 20 kilo kettlebell with a towel folded 8 times around the handle.
6) Pinch grip with the back of the chair, and the chair connected to the floor with a blue iron woody band. 30 seconds hold.

Well. These were kind of weird goals, but I think they would be fun to work towards. They will however not be my main goal at the time being since I have other goals that I want to work towards. And of course I will not forget extension. I will do them every now and then since I think ignoring the forearms can increase the risk of injury. And strong grip and strong forearms are always cool.

Week 5: day 1 of kettlebell front squat 5RM program.

1. set: 28+28: 5 reps
2,3, and 4. set: 28+32: 5 reps each set.
5. set: 32+32: 5 reps.

Then Double cleans: 28+28: 6,6,6.

I also trained my forearms a bit with the large "hammer" that I made.

Strength aerobics:

First part:
(heavy)
32 kilo: 1 clean, 1 press, 1 squat.
1 Snatch 24 kilo.
Repeat with the other hand.
(10 sets of this. One round with one hand = 1 set)

Second party:
(easier, somewhat more aerobic)

28 kilo: 1 clean, 1 press, 1 squat
3 snatch 20 kilo
Repeat with opposite hand.

(14 sets of this. One round with one hand = 1 set)

Then did some light Tim Anderson rocking push ups two sets of 15.

14 minutes on all of it.

(Tim Anderson has some fantastic and fun exercises).

Did Snatch Plan 060. I liked it. Used 12 and 16 kilo. I think 16 was a bit too heavy. 12 felt right. But I think I might to wisely in concentrating on by Front Squat goal instead of having too many objectives now :) Anyway. A fun program...

Tried to test Front Squat by doing: 36+40. Psyched myself up, but today it just felt very hard. My goal was 5 reps, that would have been an increase from 3 to 5, but already the clean felt very very heavy. I managed two. Maybe I could have done 3, but I saw no point in pushing it. Maybe it was because of traveling, being very social all day long for some days, traveling home from another country yesterday and getting to bed after midnight. Anyway. The next day I will pick another day for testing :)

Anyway. I just started the next Front Squat plan: Plan Strong 787B.

Week 1. Day 1.
Will from now prioritize sleep, meditation and hopefully breath work.

I realize that training can lead to better sleep and better restitution. Traveling is kind of stressful. And being somewhat introverted I get tired when I am very social for many days in a row. The best way to relax is proper training (not too hard, not too late) and meditation. Maybe also breath work can do wonders, I am not sure. I will try.

Forearm pain is still there despite five days of taking time off from training.

Did a small evening session:

Snatch plan 060.

Part 1. Did the session for 12 minutes. 12 kilo. Aerobic session.

I did the Mark Riptoe session to heal my right forearm. I did 1 rep neutral and chin-ups and 20 sets. I also did some wrist curls (flexion).

Week 1, day 2 of StrongFirst plan 787b.

Also did some macebell work as a warm-up and some forearm work.

Squat plan 787B. Week 1, day 3.
Also did some training for the forearms and I did I've sets of crawling. Each set was around 20 seconds.
I feel very tired.

Monday yoga.
Tuesday Snatch plan 060:

30 minutes. 12 kilo.

Goal: To run the whole program with 16 kilo, when I am done running it with 12 kilo.

Im combining snatch program 060 and 787b squat program. Somehow this seems to be quite hard for me and I feel tired. Must prioritize sleep, yoga and relaxing.

Second day, second week of 787b program.

Back
Top Bottom