all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Strong Endurance Express!

This would be for single bell not doubles. Double kb would be 1-3 reps. Following about 15 seconds of work on the minute. 3-6 reps is too much of doubles for A+A type session.
so - you might be right, but let me take this for a spin, and see how it shakes out in the light of day.

I don't immediately see a difference between 2x16kg swings and 32kg bell swings. nor 2x24kg swings versus 48kg.

that is to say, My initial perspective is that I would suppose that if the relevant weights are equal, I'm not sure there is an adjustment to make in this protocol for these parameters between single and double bells.

should I stand corrected?

however, I would agree that if one were swinging 2x32kg bells instead of one, then dropping from a range of 2,4,6 reps to 1,2,3 makes sense.

Last edited:
so - you might be right, but let me take this for a spin, and see how it shakes out in the light of day.

I don't immediately see a difference between 2x16kg swings and 32kg bell swings. nor 2x24kg swings versus 48kg.

that is to say, My initial perspective is that I would suppose that if the relevant weights are equal, I'm not sure there is an adjustment to make in this protocol for these parameters between single and double bells.

should I stand corrected?

however, I would agree that if one were swinging 2x32kg bells instead of one, then dropping from a range of 2,4,6 reps to 1,2,3 makes sense.
I’d imagine that swings wouldn’t change much but what I was referring more to was double long cycle clean and jerk and double snatch. For lccj and snatch in the form of doubles takes roughly 15 seconds to perform 3 reps. Going beyond 15 seconds would take you out of the work time for A+A. I believe the general guideline is around 6-15 seconds for A+A. It has more to do with staying within those work:rest parameters. These two exercises have more of a hit on the body than swings do.

Last edited:
For the average person just looking to handle what life throws their way, is there value in buying SE express? I have Q&D, KBSF, speed metal, AXE and IC, do I need this?
I think if you have the $300 and must have the information then it’s for you. There is certainly plenty in all the programming already available to be busy and successful for a long time. But people always want more so here it is.

For the average person just looking to handle what life throws their way, is there value in buying SE express? I have Q&D, KBSF, speed metal, AXE and IC, do I need this?
For the average person, no, you don’t need SE Express. However, you eventually will need it if you want to continue expanding your current level of fitness. There are movement patterns (like, pull-ups or lunges/legs) that aren’t covered in those other programs (Q&D, AXE, etc.) but are explored in Strong Endurance Express with principles of training and plans of their own.

Pavel’s and StrongFirst’s contributions to the fitness field through SE Express are significant. I follow other professionals who rarely mention Pavel but are now praising his work after giving the lunge protocol a try.

1708016569552.png

From a post on X/Twitter by Alan Couzens, physiologist and coach:

Pavel is my strength-training spirit animal.

This is the type of strength training endurance athletes should be doing.

Alan Couzens is fairly good at debunking and/or deflating the hype around popular fitness trends, so if he’s hyping Strong Endurance Express then it’s probably pretty legit.

I follow other professionals who rarely mention Pavel but are now praising his work after giving the lunge protocol a try.

Alan Couzens is fairly good at debunking and/or deflating the hype around popular fitness trends, so if he’s hyping Strong Endurance Express then it’s probably pretty legit.
Funny story, I asked Alan Couzens questions on twitter about some posts he made. Not sure if he misunderstood me, I asked a few more to clarify my questions and he immediately blocked me.

I understand AXE is not for beginners which makes sense. How about other protocols? For example for push up protocol, would you say, you are expected to hit a certain strength goal before you can start on strength endurance protocol?

Ps: Although I kind of make sense about KB strengths standards to start certain programs (I know some disagrees on those) what about lunges for example? And then my engineer mind asks, if there is no strength standard for lunges why are there for KBs?… Maybe for technical perfection and prevention of injuries?

And then my engineer mind asks,
This reminds me of a guy who used to train at our gym. He was an engineer of some sort and had so many theoretical questions that he pretty much paralyzed himself into not committing to anything. Finally, one day our coach told him "Just do the moves! You don't have to understand everything for it to work!"

Pavel’s and StrongFirst’s contributions to the fitness field through SE Express are significant. I follow other professionals who rarely mention Pavel but are now praising his work after giving the lunge protocol a try.

View attachment 24003

Anyone know which module is home to the lunge protocol? Need something to work with while my shoulder heals... Thank you in advance!

This reminds me of a guy who used to train at our gym. He was an engineer of some sort and had so many theoretical questions that he pretty much paralyzed himself into not committing to anything. Finally, one day our coach told him "Just do the moves! You don't have to understand everything for it to work!"
The really impressive things among some of the forum members are not the amount of knowledge, but what they are consistently doing; The same routine, over and over and over again, month in and month out, year in and year out. Reading a bunch of stuff about training is not what is the missing ingredient.

Still. How wonderful to buy more products :)

This may be true for some and my engineer brain certainly loves to understand things. However, counterpoint to that, I also find that engineers can make good lifters because they grasp the idea of input in + time = results quite easily. That is once you break them out of that mindset of needing to understand the process first.

On the the topic of the OP, I am really interested in this product. Often I feel that the seminars and the like are quite out of my price range of what I am willing to spend at this point in my life. I am sure they are worth the cost for the information provided but I have other financial obligations to meet. Also there is so much free content that perfectly meets my needs in addition to the programming I have already purchased. However, I am glad to see SF release something in this price range which feels more accessible to more folks like myself.

Funny story, I asked Alan Couzens questions on twitter about some posts he made. Not sure if he misunderstood me, I asked a few more to clarify my questions and he immediately blocked me.
Maybe he thought you were me. I know its hard to believe, but some people find my dry sense of humour annoying.

On the the topic of the OP, I am really interested in this product. Often I feel that the seminars and the like are quite out of my price range of what I am willing to spend at this point in my life. I am sure they are worth the cost for the information provided but I have other financial obligations to meet. Also there is so much free content that perfectly meets my needs in addition to the programming I have already purchased. However, I am glad to see SF release something in this price range which feels more accessible to more folks like myself.
I've found the online offerings are a good return on investment. I also have this hidden hope that if I buy all of them, Pavel will tap me on the shoulder and give me some secret code to unlock all the bio chemistry geek slides.

I fondly remember Hill Sprints circa 2007 or so (before injuries) Hill Sprints with a target of 6 sprints with a 30 second rest three times a week (I think I even tried 5 times a week) and the fat was like it was being blow torched off me. Of course, who knows what havoc I was wreaking on my metabolism but the growth hormone and testosterone was through the roof for a few glorious weeks.

Back
Top Bottom