all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Strong Endurance Express!

I had to take a couple months off from judo recently, and now I’m getting gassed very quickly in sparring practice. This course looks interesting!
I don’t want anyone to give away any “secrets” or anything, but if you were to vastly oversimplify the technique, is it at all similar to, “work until the edge of not being able to pass the talk test, rest for a few minutes, repeat”?
So for example, I could jump rope until I almost can’t pass the test, rest, and repeat… and that might begin to train my body to “produce less lactic acid”?
Forgive me if this is oversimplified to stupidity.

I don’t want anyone to give away any “secrets” or anything, but if you were to vastly oversimplify the technique, is it at all similar to, “work until the edge of not being able to pass the talk test, rest for a few minutes, repeat”?
Yeah, kinda.

To over simplify,

IMG_20240215_201136.jpg

So for example, I could jump rope until I almost can’t pass the test, rest, and repeat… and that might begin to train my body to “produce less lactic acid”?
I don't know how intense your jump rope is for you, but off the top of my head...

keep it going continuously till you hit a stop sign

or,

run circuits every minute. Start with a 20s work interval every minute and work up to a 40s interval every minute.

But, I'm just spit balling here.

I had to take a couple months off from judo recently, and now I’m getting gassed very quickly in sparring practice. This course looks interesting!
Forgive me if this is oversimplified to stupidity.
Man I do not envy you! lol judo practices are tough. I was training one year to compete in the Pan American Championships in Brazilian jiu jitsu as a brown belt. I thought I was in good shape until the club I visited did like 45 minutes of conditioning before doing takedowns. Holy cow! Just look up A+A articles and you will find a good explanation or good Al Ciampas site and he has a blog about A+A work. Some people hate it so it’s probably not for everyone. The way I see it is if it’s good for me then it’s better than either doing nothing or beating myself to death with something else.

Not necessarily about this product, but can anyone clairfy what the difference is between Tim Almonds Hardstyle Method Snatches and StrongEndurance (Express)?

I bought the former on Tuesday because going to Paris and attent SE was too expensive, but still wanted a solid program. Then Wednesday, I received this email ROFL .

So thinking about buying this also, now with the discount. (I'll have two programs for cheaper than the seminar, traveling and hotel).

I understand AXE is not for beginners which makes sense. How about other protocols? For example for push up protocol, would you say, you are expected to hit a certain strength goal before you can start on strength endurance protocol?

Ps: Although I kind of make sense about KB strengths standards to start certain programs (I know some disagrees on those) what about lunges for example? And then my engineer mind asks, if there is no strength standard for lunges why are there for KBs?… Maybe for technical perfection and prevention of injuries?
Maybe my question was not clear, or maybe it is irrelevant but I want to ask it again if you may.

Does Strong Endurance Express BW protocols require a prerequisite strength level? And if yes, can someone give an indication without revealing an unfair information?

Not necessarily about this product, but can anyone clairfy what the difference is between Tim Almonds Hardstyle Method Snatches and StrongEndurance (Express)?

I bought the former on Tuesday because going to Paris and attent SE was too expensive, but still wanted a solid program. Then Wednesday, I received this email ROFL .

So thinking about buying this also, now with the discount. (I'll have two programs for cheaper than the seminar, traveling and hotel).
I have a prototype plan from Tim Almond and it's more glycolitic vs most SE plans...

Can't speak much about his newer plans..

Maybe my question was not clear, or maybe it is irrelevant but I want to ask it again if you may.

Does Strong Endurance Express BW protocols require a prerequisite strength level? And if yes, can someone give an indication without revealing an unfair information?
I guess I have found an answer to my own question, so I would like to share it here, so that if it is totally stupid someone can correct me.

The answer is meant to be personal, it might not be relevant for all but this is a bit on purpose.

1) For me, I can’t use KB ballistics for advanced programs that require to keep technique for some time cause my technique for even one rep is problematic.

2) I need to built strength relevant to ballistic exercises before more advanced programs beacuse long sedentary life created not only muscle imbalances and weaknesses but also weakness in the joints. Without a certain level of strength, to use advanced programs is a call to injury.

3) However I can use bodyweight exercises for strength endurance program, a) My technique is better due to fact that I have spent much more time on BW exercises than KBs. b) My movement restrictions/gaps that I currently work on are not directly impacting good form for lunges and pushups and pull ups etc. c) I can adjust the intensity of BW exercises in a way that I can follow the protocols as written without compromise. ie. While a KB swing with a ridiculous weight, say, 4 kg does not mean anything and even not doable maybe, but a pull up with a band is not worst idea or a progression of a push up.

So long story short, I can use BW protocols of strong endurance express.

Best;

Ege

I am going to purchase the program very soon.
Godspeed to you.

I would hope that the basic paradigm of paying lower and lower biological costs per biological gain pans out well for you.

I feel as though it has paid well for me.

This week, I took note of how I was able to carry my young boy down the stairs when he wasn't getting up in the morning, he is now 90 lbs or so, fast approaching 100 lbs. , and it felt easier this week than before when he was lighter. I periodically train the 40kg rack carry as an assistance to my kid carry. Using strong endurance repeat training has proven itself here.​

Maybe Milo took frequent breaks, when he was carrying his calf.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank those who have bought and watched the course for your kind words.

Answering your questions:

“Is there double kettlebell axe programming demystification within?”

In summary, cut the reps or up the rest for double cleans, jerks.

For the long cycle, both.

“For the average person just looking to handle what life throws their way, is there value in buying SE express? I have Q&D, KBSF, speed metal, AXE and IC, do I need this?”

Probably not.

“I understand AXE is not for beginners which makes sense. How about other protocols? For example for push up protocol, would you say, you are expected to hit a certain strength goal before you can start on strength endurance protocol?”

There are no strength standards for Strength Aerobics repeats (short rep sets); it is a great way to train for all levels. When you are training for a consecutive reps, e.g., 100 pushups, get stronger first.

There are no strength standards for Metal Heart.

“but if you were to vastly oversimplify the technique, is it at all similar to, “work until the edge of not being able to pass the talk test, rest for a few minutes, repeat”?”

For several seconds to 2min. Otherwise, yes.

Maybe Milo took frequent breaks, when he was carrying his calf.

Adachi, well said! And your “L” shaped graph is spot on.

I also want to add that if you're on the fence, buy it. I'm not easily impressed these days as I watch a lot of video presentations by people in the biological sciences as well as philosophy and this is amongst the top teaching presentations I've seen. Very good use of analogies, so even if you consider yourself a meat or knuckle head you will greatly benefit from understanding the broader principles underlying the programs.

Added bonus: The discussion of heart health is the best physiological presentation I've ever seen crafted for the layman.

Both are great products but quite different. Hardstyle Method is focused on the snatch and military press with supporting accessory lifts with a. High level overview of the theory behind the Method. The Hardstyle Method snatch volume brackets do fit the AXE/AGT bill. SE Express on the other hand in heavy on the theory behind AGT with multiple templates that go beyond the snatch and the MP.

I have just purchased Strong Endurance Express. It’s an amazing source for lifelong strength and conditioning. Very high quality. The depth and breadth of the knowledge and the variety of the programs make it like buying many many books and programs. I am quite happy to have this valuable source of information.

It has plans suitable for all levels. It is great for individuals at all levels as well as professional coaches.

“For the average person just looking to handle what life throws their way, is there value in buying SE express? I have Q&D, KBSF, speed metal, AXE and IC, do I need this?”

Probably not.
Thank you for this answer. I always feel like I’m missing out when I don’t buy a new product. But no way I could justify this one to my wife in this season of life. I’ll keep trucking with the books.

No there is a low level plan (019) even for people that have not achieved the simple standard. Plus there are metal heart plans like 060 that use light weight (I typically use a 12k bell when I run it...)

No there is a low level plan (019) even for people that have not achieved the simple standard. Plus there are metal heart plans like 060 that use light weight (I typically use a 12k bell when I run it...)
Thanks a lot, and in the mean time I have purchased the product, and am very happy about the breadth of the coverage in terms of the level of expertise required to run various plans.

My expectation was, to grab a lifetime valuable product at introductory price, which also includes plans that I can implement without disturbing my current programs and focus. Both expectations are very well satisfied.

Thanks a lot, and in the mean time I have purchased the product, and am very happy about the breadth of the coverage in terms of the level of expertise required to run various plans.

My expectation was, to grab a lifetime valuable product at introductory price, which also includes plans that I can implement without disturbing my current programs and focus. Both expectations are very well satisfied.
100% (to quote Brett Jones) - when you find a great thinker who is a great teacher, lap up everything you can find.

Reactions: Ege
Back
Top Bottom