all posts post new thread

The 2024 Deadlift Big Plates for Reps Challenge

I’ve also found if a deadlift style goes stale, it’s helpful to train the other for a while. I’m more natural at conventional and my sumo stance is just outside my grip width.

Sometimes after long bouts of conventional, my sumo is improved more than conventional and vise versa. My heaviest lift between both styles are within 10 lbs of each other .
I have a similar experience but it comes from I overuse the sumo form and develop the bad habits. When I remove the lift and comeback later I re learn the sumo dl and feel better. I have a feeling that alternative between phase with higher volume and phase with higher intensity would be much better for sumo DL

View attachment 23981
Long limb lifter have a same hip position as me pulling sumo...and I'm the one "cheating". If the competition is convent dl only they should be doing deflict deadlift instead imo
That’s the problem with the internet. People have a free space to be jerks. In reality, the vast majority of people couldn’t care less if you pull sumo, on a hex bar, axle, deadlift bar, straight bar. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

That’s the problem with the internet. People have a free space to be jerks. In reality, the vast majority of people couldn’t care less if you pull sumo, on a hex bar, axle, deadlift bar, straight bar. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
I start to see new lifters refuse to pull sumo because on the Internet "it doesn't count". They actually believe that.Not a new pwl-ers, but new gym goers. And not all of them are stupid...just too much dumb thing on the Internet makes new people confuse/misunderstanding.

I start to see new lifters refuse to pull sumo because on the Internet "it doesn't count". They actually believe that.Not a new pwl-ers, but new gym goers. And not all of them are stupid...just too much dumb thing on the Internet makes new people confuse/misunderstanding.
There are more than one way to do a thing...I was accused to use steroid from another lifter (who pull like 300 kg block pull for 12 reps at 83 kg) because "I use too much back and slack pull like geared lifters instead of pressing with the legs". SMH.

There are more than one way to do a thing...I was accused to use steroid from another lifter (who pull like 300 kg block pull for 12 reps at 83 kg) because "I use too much back and slack pull like geared lifters instead of pressing with the legs". SMH.
What the?! What the AF does the form you use have to do with whether you're on gear or not? Makes no sense.

What the?! What the AF does the form you use have to do with whether you're on gear or not? Makes no sense.
He claims that some type of gear really prime the nervous system so they can generate a huge amount of force right at the beginning of the lift. "Normal lifter" should grind slowly and use more precise movement so need to be press with the legs more. That's his words.

View attachment 23981
Long limb lifter have a same hip position as me pulling sumo...and I'm the one "cheating". If the competition is convent dl only they should be doing deflict deadlift instead imo
Hey…being long limbed is only beneficial for deadlifts and a detriment to every other lift though!!! Let us have our one thing!!!

He claims that some type of gear really prime the nervous system so they can generate a huge amount of force right at the beginning of the lift. "Normal lifter" should grind slowly and use more precise movement so need to be press with the legs more. That's his words.
I always take accusations of steroid use as a compliment (doesn't happen very often but when it does I'm all smiles).

Back
Top Bottom