all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have to admit, that I enjoyed S&S more than the body weight exercises. Not by much, but after a year of S&S, and 8 weeks of TGU's, I may just start implementing an exercise or two in after S&S, and get back after the Simple standard.
this sounds like a great plan... Simple, not many moving parts.. managable!
fit the body weight stuff in "when you can" throughout the day.... it will be the "cherry on top" sort of speak

February 3

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 1 x 10 x 16 kg, 2 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 1 x 5 x 16 kg, 2 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 8 x 10 x 20 kg, 2 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 4 x 2 x 20 kg, 1 x 2 x 16 kg

More work today with the 20 kg, felt great. Everything just felt solid, great all around session.

February 4

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

Wasn't really feeling it today. I was kind of sore, almost like I overdid it yesterday. So, I dropped back down to the 16 kg and focused on form. Nice, easy session that really loosened everything up nicely.

February 5

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 20 kg, 4 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 3 x 2 x 20 kg, 2 x 2 x 16 kg

Great session tonight. I went back to the last session that didn't leave me feeling wiped out the next day, and this was the session. Listening to my body means that this will be my workout for the rest of the week.

February 6

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 20 kg, 4 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 3 x 2 x 20 kg, 2 x 2 x 16 kg

Good session tonight. Everything was sharp and focused, just like they should be.

February 7

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
T-Spine Mobility 2 sets
SLDL 2 sets
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Just did some light mobility work tonight. I needed some "meditative" work after the day I had, so I took my time and really let my body relax & stretch lightly. It was an amazingly productive session. I may have to do this more often.

February 7

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
T-Spine Mobility 2 sets
SLDL 2 sets
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Just did some light mobility work tonight. I needed some "meditative" work after the day I had, so I took my time and really let my body relax & stretch lightly. It was an amazingly productive session. I may have to do this more often.

Mobility is always a good thing. I really notice the next morning if I have neglected to have at least a bit of "meditative work" as you say, the night before....even just 15 min helps!

February 8

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

With the huge snow storm coming, I went with all movements using the 16 kg. Good, light session. Worked on form and holds. Now, bring on the 10-15 inches of snow.

With the huge snow storm coming, I went with all movements using the 16 kg. Good, light session. Worked on form and holds. Now, bring on the 10-15 inches of snow.

Good strategy! Save up the strength for shovelling! Although, you may find doing S&S makes a difference in how easy you find shovelling snow...I know I have found a difference winter to winter in just general preparedness for that kind of thing. Functional fitness!!

We were projected to get 8-12 inches, so I went light, knowing I would be shovelling later in the evening. Nope. In fact, we only got about 6 inches overnight, so, I will be doing my regular routine tonight.

Good strategy! Save up the strength for shovelling! Although, you may find doing S&S makes a difference in how easy you find shovelling snow...I know I have found a difference winter to winter in just general preparedness for that kind of thing. Functional fitness!!

Well, that ended rather abruptly.

No session on February 9, as I was wiped out after getting up early to snow blow & shovel, and a second shovelling session that evening.

February 10th I had to get up and shovel once again, light snow, but 2-3 inches. I was wiped out again afterwards. (I should have been paying attention here)

Rested, ate, and went to play darts instead of training. Darts went well, had a couple beers, everything was ok. (No, it wasn't, and I was still clueless)

Called the wife, let's go have prime rib for dinner. Somewhere along the way I lost my appetite......(still nothing....)

Get home, I feel a chill...boom, right in the kisser.......guess who is sick? This clueless schmuck.

February 10-14 no training because I have been sick. I have done some light, & I mean very light, mobility to stretch out the back, legs, & hamstrings from sitting & laying around so much. I may do some light work tonight, depends on how I feel after a full day of work.

February 15

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

Whew, that was a bit of a struggle. After being sick for most of the last 5 days, the reserve tank should have been low. Well, surprisingly it really wasn't. However, I got a good workout in tonight, it was a challenge with the congestion trying to prevent my breathing. I just took a longer between sets, and all was good. Tonight felt good from start to finish.

February 16 - standard day off
February 17 - The day got away from me. No idea what happened. I woke up late, and next thing I knew, my daughter's softball game was over, and it was mid-afternoon. With everything I had planned, no workout today.

February 18

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

2HS 10 x 10 x 32 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Today was a great day. I felt strong during my warm up, so strong I went. The 2HS were sharp and crisp, and felt good. My get ups were strong from start to finish, no wavering at all.

February 19

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 1 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 2 x 16 kg

Back at it tonight. Starting simply, and moving up slowly. I will start adding the 20 kg kettlebell in sets this week. I meant to do so with my swings, but I got distracted. So, tonight I will add a set with each arm to my routine.

With my goal being the Simple standard by the end of the year, if not sooner, I gotta put in the work. So, to paraphrase the Nebraska Tunnel Walk Prayer, Day by Day, I will get better and better.

February 20

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 2 x 10 x 20 kg
1HS 8 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 1 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 2 x 16 kg

Great session tonight, all around. I did a lot of walking today, so I didn't need the extra stretching. The sets with the 20 kg felt just right. Of course, that made the 16 kg feel light. Overall, I am happy with how this went. I will be adding another set with the 20 kg tomorrow night.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom