all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
April 3

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
T-Spine Mobility
Hip Bridges

Clean & Press 12 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 12 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Good session tonight. I focused on recovering between sets, and it made a difference. My last set felt as strong as my first set tonight. I believe I have found my path for a while.

April 4

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

Strength Aerobics, clean, press and squat every 30 seconds, alternating left and right, for 20 minutes with a 20 kg kettlebell. Rough day today, extra mobility work was needed tonight, so I backed off to one set every 30 seconds, and this was still a good session. Wave the load and reap the benefits, right?

April 5

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
T-Spine Mobility
Hip Bridges

Clean & Press 14 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 7 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Whew, that was some work. However, focusing on recovering between sets really makes a difference. So, with the volume of cleans & presses, along with the time constraints I had on my evening, I only did the rows on every other set. I felt that it made a real difference in my recovery.

April 6

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

Strength Aerobics, clean, press and squat every 20 seconds, alternating left and right, for 10 minutes, then C/P/S every 30 seconds for the last 10 minutes, all with a 20 kg kettlebell. Great session this morning. I was out late last night, and woke up earlier than I wanted to, so I was a little sleep deprived this morning. Coffee helped, but I was getting gassed around the 8 minute mark, so I backed off for the last 10 minutes. I still kept my heart rate elevated, but I was recovering better between sets with the extra 10 seconds.

April 8

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 3 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 3 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Nice, simple, solid session tonight. Presses went up solidly, rows were smooth, all around good work tonight. So far, these two workouts are meshing well together.

April 9

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Strength Aerobics, clean, press and squat every 20 seconds, alternating left and right, for 10 minutes, then C/P/S every 30 seconds for the last 10 minutes, all with a 24 kg kettlebell.

Yeah, I grabbed the wrong kettlebell to warm up, and the wrong one for my session. I was distracted by talking with my wife, and just didn't pay close enough attention to the kettlebells I was using.....warm up was fine, but I couldn't figure out why I was breathing heavy so soon...around the 4th minute, I realized I had my 24 kg instead of my 20 kg. What a workout it was tonight.....

April 10

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Good, solid session tonight. Presses and rows we're strong and sharp from start to finish. I did feel some fatigue during this session, so I think a recovery day is required tomorrow.

Yeah, I grabbed the wrong kettlebell to warm up, and the wrong one for my session. I was distracted by talking with my wife, and just didn't pay close enough attention to the kettlebells I was using.....warm up was fine, but I couldn't figure out why I was breathing heavy so soon...around the 4th minute, I realized I had my 24 kg instead of my 20 kg. What a workout it was tonight.....

Like the ETK dice roll but even more natural because you don't realize you're varying the load ;)

April 11 - Day off
April 12

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

Strength Aerobics, clean, press and squat every 20 seconds, alternating left and right, for 10 minutes, then C/P/S every 30 seconds for the last 10 minutes, all with a 20 kg kettlebell. Good session tonight, especially when I made sure to grab the right kettlebell.

April 13

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 5 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 5 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba today, I enjoy this program very much. Nothing better than picking up a kettlebell, cleaning & pressing it, then parking it briefly before rowing it without letting go of the kettlebell. At least, nothing better to me, so far.

April 16

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Decided to see how swings and get ups felt, and they felt good. Swings were crisp, get ups were solid, everything was just about right. One get up was wobbly on the way down, but that was it.

Last edited:
April 17

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 7 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 7 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Back to Soju and Tuba tonight. S&S felt good, but I think I should finish Soju and Tuba first. So, I will still intersperce S&S with S&T and Strength Aerobics.

Well, that was great news. I spoke to my Primary Care Provider about the meds I was prescribed, because I was concerned about the side effects. After reviewing my blood work, he suggested that I stop all my meds for a month. He said, "the diet & exercise have apparently been working, so keep at them, and let's stop the meds to see if you need them any more." As a Type 2 Diabetic, this is some of the best news I can receive. All my results beat my goals, which means that the kettlebells, and the carnivore diet, have done more in a couple of months than the meds did for me in years.

So, I had to share. Now, it is time to sort out some stretching routines, complete this round of Soju & Tuba, and then my chase to hit the Simple Standard begins again.

Last edited:
April 18

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Decided to do this again, and it felt good again today. I will still finish the Soju & Tuba program, but I am now thinking that I will drop Strength Aerobics and move back to chasing the Simple standard. I feel like I am getting more out of S&S than SA, so I will change up and get back to work sooner.

April 19

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 8 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Solid session today. This was the 12th session, with 5 sessions remaining. I do like how this just works for me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom