all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
December 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 28 kg
TGU 6 x 2 x 28 kg

Single kettlebell session again today. It was challenge day today, can I use my new 28 kg kettlebell? Yes I can. The swings were sharp and crisp, and the get ups were solid and focused. Great session, I am happy with my work today.

December 3

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 4 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg

Back on the program today. This session was all about recovery between sets. So, talk test was met before I grabbed the kettlebell once I set it down. Nice, long, slow session, and it felt great.

Well, that was unfortunate. I was reading my log, and checking my program for tonight's session, when I realized I messed up, again....:confused::oops:

I was supposed to do a set of get ups with my 28 kg kettlebell, and tonight was supposed to be a night off.....well, that won't happen now. So, I will do my warm ups, and then do a shortened set of 1HS with the 28 kg kettlebell, and a few sets of get ups with the 28 kg kettlebell.

How does that quote go.....the best laid plans.....yeah, they can fall apart rather quickly. I get home, and my wife needs ideas/input on how to arrange the room to optimize the layout when setting up the Christmas Tree. About an hour or so later, I am changing to go play darts, no workout. Oh well, the living room is set up in the best manner to be able to set up the tree, and momma is happy. I will just have to workout tonight...

December 5

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 28 kg

Back on track tonight. The 24 kg kettlebell is starting to feel like the 20 kg has for me for a while. Not too light, enough of a challenge to use it for all 10 sets, but not too heavy that I may compromise my get up routine. It feels good to be seeing more progress. One set of swings & get ups at a time.

Last edited:
December 7

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 6 x 2 x 20 kg

Last session for the Get Up program. I will take tomorrow off, and start S&S on Saturday. I have enjoyed this program, I have learned to enjoy the get up. I may occasionally drop the kettlebell weight & do multiple get ups from time to time.

December 9

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 24 kg

Back to chasing Simple today. Swings were sharp and crisp, and they felt great. Get Ups were solid and focused and felt great as well. The Get Up program really helped me get stronger and taught me how important focus is when performing them. Great session today.

December 10

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg

I spent 6+ hours grocery & Christmas shopping with my wife today. For some reason, I got 6 sets of swings done, & I was done as well. I mean, zero energy left in the tank, and hips telling me that they had had enough. Oh well. I guess I have been going pretty strong & regularly for some time now. Maybe I need to take some time off, and just do mobility & stretching.

Yes, @The Nail, I am going to brake for the curves.....:D:p;) Time to deload, so mobility & stretching is the program for the week.

December 12

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
T-Spine Mobility 2 sets
4 Weeks to Flexible Steel
Single Leg Deadlifts 2 sets
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Good mobility session tonight. I added the SLDL, and my hips & glutes feel good. I am enjoying the deload work. I may have to add these into my workouts once I start back up with the kettlebells.

December 13

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
T-Spine Mobility 2 sets
4 Weeks to Flexible Steel
SLDL 2 sets
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Another good mobility session tonight. One more session tomorrow night, then a couple days off for holiday travel. Then Sunday, I am back at it, chasing after Simple.

December 14

Well, once again life got in the way. Preparing for Holiday travel this weekend saw my wife, daughter & I making goodie bags for this weekend, and I had to prep chicken, garlic & onions for the chicken & dumplings I am making Saturday morning. Any thoughts of long, slow, easy stretching went out the window when the wine was opened....Oh well, this is a deload week, and I did do some GTG stretching & moving throughout the day.

Any thoughts of long, slow, easy stretching went out the window when the wine was opened....Oh well, this is a deload week,
YES!!!! I love the Holiday season... cheers my man!
of by the way, I went back earlier this week and read a couple of the first pages of your journal...
YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY!!!! a big congrats is owed to you for the dedication and hard work you have put in this past year. As far as I'm concerned you have earned those drinks and extra food.

well done @Michael Scott, a very nice 2017!

Thank you for the kind words. This has been an interesting year, and an enjoyable one.

of by the way, I went back earlier this week and read a couple of the first pages of your journal...
YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY!!!! a big congrats is owed to you for the dedication and hard work you have put in this past year. As far as I'm concerned you have earned those drinks and extra food.

December 17

Three days of work, driving, drinking & eating are over..... What a blast that was! Got home, & the kettlebells yelled at me for abandoning them... o_Oo_Oo_O

Commando Rocks
Lunge Stretches
Shoulder Circles
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 5 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Nice long session today. This work out was all about recovery between sets. No hip bridges because I worked hard in loosening up my hip girdle with the stretches.

Everything felt good tonight. This was more of a "punch the clock" session than anything else. I had to get back to work on meeting the Simple standard, and I really worked hard tonight. A couple weeks of this, then I start going EMOM with my swings. All in all, good workout tonight.

Last edited:

Holy smokes....he is right! What a difference between your first page and now! You have done great work here!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom