all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Timeless Simple Beyond The Prescribed 3-4 Days A Week?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Goblet squat with swings and halos with tgu. I'm not sure if I like it. It really feels like you are doing anything/working out. The sessions are so short. In and done. But, if you have to skip a session you get a second chance to do something. More adherence
So do you do any warm ups or you just go for your Get ups or swings? I normally am doing:
Warm up
Swings (10x10)
Get ups (1x5 per side)
Cool down (stretching)

Thanks for the feedback!

So do you do any warm ups or you just go for your Get ups or swings? I normally am doing:
Warm up
Swings (10x10)
Get ups (1x5 per side)
Cool down (stretching)

Thanks for the feedback!
I'll do the goblet squats to warmup for the swings. Halos to warm up for the tgu. I might hang from a bar too just to make sure there's no kinks.

I'll do the goblet squats to warmup for the swings. Halos to warm up for the tgu. I might hang from a bar too just to make sure there's no kinks.
Thanks for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it! Also what you are saying is spot-on, I am trying to get my practice a little more streamlined and fast, because with all of the rest time it takes about an 1:45hrs to finish the practice including swings and get ups!

This was a question I had, how is the split working for you? Do you do all of the warm up like usual with the goblet squat, halo and hip bridge? I am taking about 1:45 hrs to do the whole practice with swings and getups combined also with the cooldown stretches.

Keep up the good work!
For me, usually the full S&S warmup before Swings, and Halos + X before TGUs.

X could be Crawling, Lunges or OS resets (rocking, rolling, or dead bugs usually).

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it! Also what you are saying is spot-on, I am trying to get my practice a little more streamlined and fast, because with all of the rest time it takes about an 1:45hrs to finish the practice including swings and get ups!

@SayeretJoe, take a light kettlebell one day and follow along with my video. The whole program done in 27 minutes. Not to rush you, but you'll see how to streamline it when you need to. Note that on most days you would take much more rest between sets of swings... but even then, usually just about 1 minute or so, and I wouldn't say much more than 2 minutes at the most, for normal practice.

Yes, for example, yesterday I did 120 snatches with the 24kg followed by 10 32kg swings and then 10 32kg TGUs. I was really starting to feel the TGUs after the first 4 reps. Today, I'm going to do some number of clean and presses but probably nothing else (we'll see when I actually get into it though! I tend to add the 10 32kg TGUs to no matter what I do - maybe it's the judoka in me that just "feels" how especially valuable the move is, more than it logically would seem to be.)

Ended up doing S&S anyways, haha! I started with clean and press and did a few sets for a warmup, but ended up switching into normal S&S.
It alway's leads back to S&S at the end hah.

Just wanted to follow up and say I found my reason to keep S&S trimmed back to 3-4 Days per week: my 40KG bell just arrived from Rogue yesterday. Did 10 x 10 2H Swings with 40KG & 10 x 1 32KG TGU. The 40KG wasn't awkward from the first hike to the last park; I'm glad to see how crisp my hip hinge is becoming. And now, not even feeling beaten or sore from the weight, just know I'll either skip tomorrow (or go super light) and come back for 1-2 more days this week. Plus, I am working on dedicating time to my cleans and presses, which are still comparatively lighter than and not nearly as skillful as my swings & TGUs.

It alway's leads back to S&S at the end hah.

Just wanted to follow up and say I found my reason to keep S&S trimmed back to 3-4 Days per week: my 40KG bell just arrived from Rogue yesterday. Did 10 x 10 2H Swings with 40KG & 10 x 1 32KG TGU. The 40KG wasn't awkward from the first hike to the last park; I'm glad to see how crisp my hip hinge is becoming. And now, not even feeling beaten or sore from the weight, just know I'll either skip tomorrow (or go super light) and come back for 1-2 more days this week. Plus, I am working on dedicating time to my cleans and presses, which are still comparatively lighter than and not nearly as skillful as my swings & TGUs.
I found the 2h swing with the 40 easy long before I could even get through all 100 swings with the 32. The 40kg 2 hand swing is an excellent option for "easy days". I've veered away from this and I want to maximize my potential with 1h movements as much as possible, including for my eventual snatch test, so for example I had an "easy day" yesterday where I did the 1h swings with the 24kg, but in sets of 20 per arm.

@SayeretJoe, take a light kettlebell one day and follow along with my video. The whole program done in 27 minutes. Not to rush you, but you'll see how to streamline it when you need to. Note that on most days you would take much more rest between sets of swings... but even then, usually just about 1 minute or so, and I wouldn't say much more than 2 minutes at the most, for normal practice.
Thanks for the insight! I was basing my resting time on Pavel´s book "Power to the People", I will begin to steam-line it because it will not be practical in the long run!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom