all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Vodka and Pickles Plan Structure

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
Hi. I'm planning to start Vodka and Pickles and I'm considering how to implement upper body exercises.
One of my conception is to add the following:
  • Dips (weighted and unweighted)
  • Push-ups (4-8-12-16-20-16-12-8-4 Pyramid performed 3-4 times a week according to this plan)
  • Pull-ups
  • Advance PIKE Push-ups
If I got it right, on single session, after dead I grab a bell (30%BW) and perform 100-150 reps of Swings, which are alternate with Squats (that would be 2xSwings and 1xSquats on week 1, and 2xSquats and 1xSwings on week two).
My question is how to structure the rest days, when deads are not performed? Should I do my upper body work 3x a week, or 2x would be fine?
My main goal is strength, but I would also like to increase endurance and conditioning, especially in Pull-ups and Push-ups. Those two are gonna be tested in late the year (somewhere around August or September).

I would be greateful for any feedback.

@mikhael, if you're doing swings or cleans after the program lifts, you could do upper body work on the other days. OTOH, if you're doing snatches, well, snatches along with deadlifts might be too much, depending on how hard you push the snatches. The snatch works pretty much all of you.

The intensity of your work, the rest of your life, your age, etc., will all be factors. There are also other templates to consider - I don't recall the article, but in one of them, the suggestion is strength on Monday, conditioning on Tuesday, off Wednesday, repeat Mon-Tue for Thu-Fri. There are lots of ways this could work. In your place, if you intend to push the upper body things hard, I'd consider limiting your training to 4 or 5 days per week.

-S-

That is what I'm planning. Mon, Wed, and Fri Deads, upper body on the other days, Tue and Thu, and considering Sat.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom