all posts post new thread

Beast Taming Practices

Very inspiring training log, thanks for sharing. I have sone questions if you may .. So you have selected Clean and Press; Pull up and front squat as your exercises. But you don’t do three exercises in 3 days but you have splitted them in to six days by pull ups being on a “alone” day. And on top you are doing some conditioning. Am I right? For conditioning do you follow a set program? May I aski if you set some goals to your self? In the past I guess it was to become a beast tamer, Do you do mobility ever? I saw you were doing Original strength in the past. Do you recommend it? Did u learn it from a book?

I am sorry I have asked many questions. You seem to be just working on strength. I am new to strength training in the past I was doing hypertrophy training. I assume you still build muscle with strength training at this level.

Sorry if I am boring you. Even if u don’t answer all, ur log is great resource. Thanks.

Very inspiring training log, thanks for sharing. I have sone questions if you may .. So you have selected Clean and Press; Pull up and front squat as your exercises. But you don’t do three exercises in 3 days but you have splitted them in to six days by pull ups being on a “alone” day. And on top you are doing some conditioning. Am I right? For conditioning do you follow a set program? May I aski if you set some goals to your self? In the past I guess it was to become a beast tamer, Do you do mobility ever? I saw you were doing Original strength in the past. Do you recommend it? Did u learn it from a book?

I am sorry I have asked many questions. You seem to be just working on strength. I am new to strength training in the past I was doing hypertrophy training. I assume you still build muscle with strength training at this level.

Sorry if I am boring you. Even if u don’t answer all, ur log is great resource. Thanks.
Hi Ege,

1) The reason I left the pull-up alone is that when I was doing the 3 lifts together in the past I felt exhausted when the volume went higher.
2) I am running for my conditioning, I currently implemented anti-glycolitic sprints 15s sprints / 45s rest inspired by this article (From "Simple" to Serious Endurance | StrongFirst) but adapted to running, the volume of the sprints will be higher at the end of the week so that my heavy pistol squats can be done before. I will also peak my sprint volume when my strength volume is lower so that I can recover better.
3) The ultimate goal is still Beast Tamer, but I also want to do a one arm pull-up and I do Spartan Races that's why I always keep some running in my program.
4) At the moment I dont do any mobility, I dont know why but I think practicing lifts like pistol has helped me being more mobile.
5) Original Strength was ok but I didn't notice improvement while doing it, that's why I stopped. I learned about it on youtube.
6) I work mostly on strength but I have days where my reps are higher so yes the high total volume helped me to build muscle too. I use this program for the strength part : Simple Strength for Difficult Times Part Two: Get Even Stronger in Quarantine | StrongFirst

If you have other questions, just let me know.

Have a nice day !

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. I am new to strength training and you are very helpful.

I might have more questions in the future but for now I believe you have already helped me a lot.

Have a great day.

Best Regards;

Ege

Warm-up
Pull-up : 1, 2, 3
C&J : 2, 3, 5 @ 16kg
Pull-up @ 64 #
2 X (1, 2, 3) 1, 2
Press @ 24kg
3 X (2, 3 , 5)
Pistol @ 16kg
3 X (1, 2, 3)

Current confined to my new apartment and wanted a quick post COVID no equipment
workout.

Burpees
15s work / 45s rest
Total : 86

Felt good to move after a few days off !

Warm-up
Pull-up : 1, 2, 3
Pull-up @ 64 #
1 X 3 + max hang
1 X 2 + max hang
1 X 1 + max hang
Core
50 Ring roll outs
Carry all my KB to my new apartment 5 floor X 8 :)

Back
Top Bottom