all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

This has been where my philosophy has been trending lately. When i was in a running group a year or two ago i would get so competitive with them on strava. The timer doesn’t stop for water or pee breaks on race day!
My polar watch stops automatically recording when I stop. I can also use this feature on eg the runtastic app
Lately I've been using the polar oh1 and my phone to record sometimes. I have a polar M200 watch but the battery doesn't last long enough so I don't bother using it to record runs, it came in really handy when I was burning at the beach and wanted to jump in the cold water for a spell.
This system works for me at the moment but I'm looking at a different option as far as the polar watch goes, I actually like the M200 when it has a good battery.
Have to look at the Runtastic app and see what it is, sounds interesting. Thanks (y)

Lately I've been using the polar oh1 and my phone to record sometimes. I have a polar M200 watch but the battery doesn't last long enough so I don't bother using it to record runs, it came in really handy when I was burning at the beach and wanted to jump in the cold water for a spell.
This system works for me at the moment but I'm looking at a different option as far as the polar watch goes, I actually like the M200 when it has a good battery.
Have to look at the Runtastic app and see what it is, sounds interesting. Thanks (y)
First had the m430, now I use the vantage m. Just looked nicer and more options.

This article is pretty exhaustive on the Polar watch, Suunto 9 looks incredible though out of my budget at the moment.

This article is pretty exhaustive on the Polar watch, Suunto 9 looks incredible though out of my budget at the moment.
Wow, most exhausted review ever!! The Garmin instinct 1 that i just got has a lot of the bells and whistles, and under $200.

Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS, Features Glonass and Galileo, Heart Rate Monitoring and 3-Axis Compass, Graphite Amazon product ASIN B07HYX9P88

Wow, most exhausted review ever!! The Garmin instinct 1 that i just got has a lot of the bells and whistles, and under $200.

Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS, Features Glonass and Galileo, Heart Rate Monitoring and 3-Axis Compass, Graphite Amazon product ASIN B07HYX9P88
Eventually I'll get a new watch, not a priority right now.. how do you like the Garmin eco-system? Polar does a great job overall I'd say.

Eventually I'll get a new watch, not a priority right now.. how do you like the Garmin eco-system? Polar does a great job overall I'd say.

I like it, i really don’t dive too deep into it tbh. Seeing everything from that review it may not have all of that, but idk how much of it you actually use.

I like it, i really don’t dive too deep into it tbh. Seeing everything from that review it may not have all of that, but idk how much of it you actually use.
IDK.. it's a problem I'll shelve until the need comes I guess..got more things on the plate these days and if it ain't broke........ haha

Fri 3/18
AM - 2.7 mi run/walk
PM - Mile walk

Sat 3/19
AM - 2.7 mi run/walk
PM - Mile walk

Checked HR this morning for the first time in many months.. after a cup of coffee and walking around I sat down for a minute and took pulse-ox readings at 99% O2 with HR of 46-47.. I don't think I've ever been in better CV shape. Something is working, Buteyko and daily running seems to be a potent combo.

Tues 3/22

AM
Moving 2 miles >> 1 run, 1 walk

PM
4 rounds
25 mace @22lb
5 barbarian squat
5 hip bridge

H2H swing
10 x 10 @24k

Getup - 8 @24k

Supersets x 4