all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

How are the high pulls going? I stopped them long ago, my shoulder did not like them
They're going pretty well overall, this session I was pulling back harder at the top and got some negative feedback with the 32k bell. It was an experiment I won't be repeating.
I like to hoist the bell up as high as possible to mimic a snatch without actually catching the bell.. snatching heavier weight bugs my injured shoulder too much, so I don't do it very often.

They're going pretty well overall, this session I was pulling back harder at the top and got some negative feedback with the 32k bell. It was an experiment I won't be repeating.
I like to hoist the bell up as high as possible to mimic a snatch without actually catching the bell.. snatching heavier weight bugs my injured shoulder too much, so I don't do it very often.
When I notice ot feel that heavier (for me, Light for you ;) ) snatches do not feel right I return yo Light snatches. Although I enjoy A+A22 kg snatch, the 16 kg is great too, especially for endurance work.

When I notice ot feel that heavier (for me, Light for you ;) ) snatches do not feel right I return yo Light snatches. Although I enjoy A+A22 kg snatch, the 16 kg is great too, especially for endurance work.
For sure, there's a lot of mileage to be gained from the Two Bells you mentioned. In fact, in an overall gpp Fitness scheme, you/we don't really need much more.
I remember after doing vwc for some months my whole body became stronger.. I hit my lifetime max getup weight after not doing them.. Pretty strange at first thought.. Thinking on it later, after adding up the total tonnage per session I was not surprised.

Bret, ive been taking inspiration from this log, ive started doing a 1mile walk first thing AM, 1mile after work.

I sit alot for work and this log made me realise i need to prioritise walking more!

Also its put me on to navy seal burpees which ive been loving.
Been doing them with 2 Pullups or chinups, can build some serious volume in a short amount of time!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom