all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Built Strong Minimalist

I bought it. The upset of the program seems very easy and straight. I like it. And the program creator in excel also seems to be working just fine. What I miss is theory. The PDF does not contain any theory at all about reps, volume, hypertrophy etc etc. That was a bit disappointing. I guess I have to consider participating in the Built Strong Seminar or maybe review my Plan Strong compendium.

Anyone knows if the Built Strong seminar also include a great compendium ?

Do the (3?) different programs offered have different aims? For example, hypertrophy-focus Vs strength-focus etc?

Do the (3?) different programs offered have different aims? For example, hypertrophy-focus Vs strength-focus etc?
All 3 of them seem to be set up to acquire strength and provide for hypertrophy.
But, there's a question of how much recovery and eating and time you can give to it.
So, Do you want hypertrophy, more hypertrophy, or EVEN More Hypertrophy?
That seems to be the way they're geared.

So what is the advantage of this program over simple strength for difficult times II?

So what is the advantage of this program over simple strength for difficult times II?
It is quite similar from the outlook.

But there are some differences: First of all you get three plans with different volume. Second, SSFDT 2 is programmed linearly for 6 weeks, followed by taparing, while in BSM all three lift categories are waved independently - and sometimes even the intensities for a single lift category. This should spread the load better, I would think.

Of course, you also get more detailed instructions in text form + the video course. And the generator provides you with printable customized training sheets.

I bought it. The upset of the program seems very easy and straight. I like it. And the program creator in excel also seems to be working just fine. What I miss is theory. The PDF does not contain any theory at all about reps, volume, hypertrophy etc etc. That was a bit disappointing. I guess I have to consider participating in the Built Strong Seminar or maybe review my Plan Strong compendium.

I'm a bit confused now
@Fabio Zonin
What sort of knowledge are we assumed to have in order to be able to use the downloaded pdf file and excel spreadsheet ?

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused now
@Fabio Zonin
Are there any programs included that include simple instructions like "Do 3 sets of 5 reps of exercise XYZ with your 8 rep max weight" ?
Are there programs marked as being appropriate for Strength, Endurance or Hypertrophy.
What sort of knowledge are we assumed to have in order to be able to use the downloaded pdf file and excel spreadsheet ?
It is very straightforward:

There are Heavy, Light and Medium days for Squats, Push and Upper Body Pull = three different RM-Zones for each type of lift.
For example, you can choose to do one type of Squat (say, Backsquat) with different weights for each day.
Or do Zercher Squats on heavy day, Pistols on medium day, and KB Front Squats on light day.

You get the idea.

You need to test each lift beforehand.

Then you enter each lift with it's rep max in to a simple excle file and everything else is calculated and spelled out. (Do 2-3-5-2-3 Pistols on your medium day, for example). You can choose for yourself to do the exercises as a slow circuit or seperately from another.

A bit like the tables from Simple Strength for Difficult Times pt. 2 - but with all the calculations done for you. You get personalized training tables for each lift.

Edit: And the three plans are labeled "minimalist" "regular" and "tough" - and the main difference is the volume. All plans are hypertrophy + strength without going to the burn.

I'm driving myself crazy, I can't figure out which exercises to use.
Yeah, I feel that. Not only choosing but also testing them...

But I like this mental challenge. Also thinking about logistics. I like the idea of matching them in a way to have a KB and a bodyweight day, for example.

I have literally 13 versions on this moment, each of them valid, but not what I want. I still want the perfect program, but it doesn't exist (except for Brett's Iron Cardio combined with S&S, his words).

I want to use this program to break my press plateau and hopefully try again for Level 2 next year.

Edit: Just tested the first exercises, did 4 + 4 KB MP with a 32, 11 DFSQ with double 32's and 15 chin-ups on bodyweight. And (at this moment) thinking about using only these for the program and see afterwards (L)

Hello everyone,

I apologize for hopping in the conversation so late, I just got back from a working trip in Spain.
For some technical reasons the download of the pdf and the excel was not working properly when they launched the program, so they took it down for a while, fixed the issue, and published it again.

I will follow up shortly with my answers to the most relevant questions, stay tuned!

are there kb ballistics included or what about hinge movement?
Being this a minimalist strength and hypertrophy plan, it doesn't include kettlebell ballistics, nor a cardio protocol. However, since it foresees three sessions/week, there is plenty of room for adding some cardio sessions based on kettlebell ballistics.

First and foremost, I'm glad to hear you find this program very easy and straight and that the excel works just fine. Thank you, Sir!
The goal of this product is to provide an effective and fully customizable strength and hypertrophy plan, rather than disclosing the theory behind it. I confirm that at the Built Strong seminar all the theory behind the system is fully explained and that it includes a complete manual and that it teaches how to design Built Strong plans from scratch, and not only in their minimalist versions, but also in the extended ones, based on up to six movement patterns (including the hinge).

No, the goal is the same, what actually changes is the training volume. The easy version allows one who is not accustomed to fairly high volumes to ease in into the system. The regular version is the starting point for those who have some strength training background, and the tough version is for those who have already been through a Plan Strong or a Built Strong Plan. One may do the three versions back to back, ensuring 24 weeks of training without incurring into plateaus.

One important note about the plan generator, is that it allows to generate dozens of different plans, by changing the exercises, selecting a different version, or simply inserting ones' new numbers following the tests once completed the first 8-week plan.

All 3 of them seem to be set up to acquire strength and provide for hypertrophy.
But, there's a question of how much recovery and eating and time you can give to it.
So, Do you want hypertrophy, more hypertrophy, or EVEN More Hypertrophy?
That seems to be the way they're geared.
It is more about where you at in the moment in which you decide to start the plan. (See my other reply above)

It is quite similar from the outlook.

But there are some differences: First of all you get three plans with different volume. Second, SSFDT 2 is programmed linearly for 6 weeks, followed by taparing, while in BSM all three lift categories are waved independently - and sometimes even the intensities for a single lift category. This should spread the load better, I would think.

Of course, you also get more detailed instructions in text form + the video course. And the generator provides you with printable customized training sheets.
Exactly, even though it appears to be similar to SSFDT 2, this one applies the Plan Strong Principles as far as for the way volume and intensity wave over the 8-weeks. SSFDT 2 is a linear progression, while this one is based on Plan Strong's Delta 20 principle.

I'm a bit confused now
@Fabio Zonin
Actually no specific knowledge is required. It's basically all about following the instructions and using the plan generator to create one's own custom plan.

Back
Top Bottom