all posts post new thread

Keep moving

Day 3 with my son. Today felt hard for him. Maybe because garminooked at my running history and benchmark run for this program. Maybe I continue it. Feels easy for me, but can be good to go.lighter for a while and combine it again with some snatches . And look for an easier program for him.

3 x (2 minutes walk - 5 minuten run)
2 minutes walk
2 x (1 minute run- 1 minute walk)

Day 3 with my son. Today felt hard for him. Maybe because garminooked at my running history and benchmark run for this program. Maybe I continue it. Feels easy for me, but can be good to go.lighter for a while and combine it again with some snatches . And look for an easier program for him.

3 x (2 minutes walk - 5 minuten run)
2 minutes walk
2 x (1 minute run- 1 minute walk)
Easier may be better for your son..?.. when I'm training anyone, the concept of 'stay hungry' is always up front and center, lest they mentally burn out from too much, too soon.

Easier may be better for your son..?.. when I'm training anyone, the concept of 'stay hungry' is always up front and center, lest they mentally burn out from too much, too soon.
Looking to next week, the runs are 7 minutes. He still enjoys running, (he turned 13 a month ago). For him I set my runrastic to a beginner program. Have 2 choises to start with: a 20 minute session ( 2 minutes run and 1 minutevwalk) or 15 times 1 minutevrun - 1 minutevwalk. Both have you run about 15 minutes. Both are build up to a 5 km run in 3 months.

Perfect tune for today would have been New Model Army's song: running in the rain as that was today exact what I did. Week 2 day 1 of Garmin's 5 km program, but added extra kilometers to the run. Total distance covered was 10 km (for the virual strava 10 km badge hahaha)

10 km were done this way:

3 x (5 minutes walk - 7 minutes run)
2 minutes walk
24 minutes run

Just waking up from the nightshifts. As soon ad I stepped with my sleepy coffeeless head in the living room, my son eanted to know if we go running. So used the run to wake up.

4.9 km done 1 minute of walking followed by a minute of running.

Now I earned my Coffee.

Back
Top Bottom