all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell AXE - general discussion

@Justin_M if you don’t mind me asking, how would you recommend incorporating 2 x AXE (snatch) sessions in the Novocaine template (perhaps my favourite all round template). Thanks!
The OG KB schedule:
  • Session 1 & 5: 10s (S&S)
  • Session 3: cluster 20s (Q&D 033)
  • Session 6: 5s (A+A)
To shift down a gear:
  • Session 1 & 5: ~5s (AXE)
  • Session 3: 10s (S&S, 015, etc)
  • Session 6: 3s (C&J plan A)

Sorry if this was already answered in this thread. I am currently doing AXE and enjoying it but I was looking to add in some dips for a press. My question is how would I go about programming dips? Also, would it be better to do same day as my AXE session or different days?
In the E-book it mentions doing clean and press/jerks two days a week, the day after doing an AXE session. I assume you can do the same. It would depend on how much dip volume you plan to accumulate; you could do them the same day if the volume isn't too crazy.

Let’s say I ran Q&D plan 033 for 12 weeks to build up mitochondria. Then ran AXE for 12 weeks for the “plumbing” and capitalizing the mitochondria. I would like to add a press for 2 days a week. Grinds “impede” some of the adaptations so HSPU and KB press is out? Or did I just misunderstand. I would like to do ladders of handstand push ups since I’ll be doing a lot of volume of loading the spine with my KB AXE sessions during that 12 weeks.

@Pavel, I absolutely love this book, thank you! Is it possible to do AXE push-ups while working towards Simple? I’ve always been good at push-ups and I used to own timeless Simple. Currently working my way back up to timeless Simple before I start AXE swings.

@Pavel, I absolutely love this book, thank you! Is it possible to do AXE push-ups while working towards Simple? I’ve always been good at push-ups and I used to own timeless Simple. Currently working my way back up to timeless Simple before I start AXE swings.
I started AXE swings in December. It's been about 3 years since I owned Timeless Simple and I wasn't interested in going back to it, before starting AXE. I still followed AXE protocols, but we very conservative with the bell I started swinging.

I started AXE swings in December. It's been about 3 years since I owned Timeless Simple and I wasn't interested in going back to it, before starting AXE. I still followed AXE protocols, but we very conservative with the bell I started swinging.

I thought I was making a mistake starting AXE swings with my RPE10 10RM(sinister) but it's starting to feel nice and easy after ~3 weeks.

Am I right in thinking that 'AXE' for running would be best performed via (after a thorough warm up); very short say six second sprints (or almost sprints aka strides) followed by walking (or jogging if a very advanced/highly conditioned runner) until heart rate is low again and repeating over and over and over...?

Wesker11, thank you.

Yes. Do the pushups after swings and before the get-ups or at a different time or on a different day.

Am I right in thinking that 'AXE' for running would be best performed via (after a thorough warm up); very short say six second sprints (or almost sprints aka strides) followed by walking (or jogging if a very advanced/highly conditioned runner) until heart rate is low again and repeating over and over and over...?
James, yes.

3-5sec sprints OTM are a good place to start with. When you are no longer accelerating, stop.

James, yes.

3-5sec sprints OTM are a good place to start with. When you are no longer accelerating, stop.
Thank you Pavel

Back
Top Bottom