all posts post new thread
Would this program be good for someone who doesn't train bjj or a fighting practice? Say my goals are you look good, feel good(GPP), with a bit of endurance focus for hiking or back country hunting.

Would this program be good for someone who doesn't train bjj or a fighting practice? Say my goals are you look good, feel good(GPP), with a bit of endurance focus for hiking or back country hunting.
Yes, but so is S&S. I haven't done this new one, but it's based on the same principles. In the program FAQ Pavel writes that the main difference between this program (the swing/TGU variant) and S&S is that S&S will give you a little more hypertrophy, while the more BJJ specific one helps keep you in your weight class.

My experience is that S&S helps my rucking as much as rucking does.

You can't go wrong either way.

"Darth Vader Breathing" has me fascinated
Spoiler alert, you'll have Pavel having John stand on Mike's belly while he says "I am your father."

P7DWDb3.gif

Yes, but so is S&S. I haven't done this new one, but it's based on the same principles. In the program FAQ Pavel writes that the main difference between this program (the swing/TGU variant) and S&S is that S&S will give you a little more hypertrophy, while the more BJJ specific one helps keep you in your weight class.

My experience is that S&S helps my rucking as much as rucking does.

You can't go wrong either way.
Really? Now that's something that would have been good to know 10 years ago. I dropped out of Selection because I suck at rucking. Haha

Really? Now that's something that would have been good to know 10 years ago. I dropped out of Selection because I suck at rucking. Haha
Yes, really. My knees probably wouldn't hurt as much these days if I had known it 30 years ago. Don't think it would have helped my land nav though. I get lost in squad sized perimeters. I have concluded that, while I have a very strong sense of direction, it is also very inaccurate.

Yes, really. My knees probably wouldn't hurt as much these days if I had known it 30 years ago. Don't think it would have helped my land nav though. I get lost in squad sized perimeters. I have concluded that, while I have a very strong sense of direction, it is also very inaccurate.

Six months of S&S were certainly instrumental in my conquering a 14er late last summer. The only gap that was still there was weak outer cheeks. They provided little braking during steep descents... but then that was 3+ hours into the hike.

I know heavy sandbag getups fixed that for me, but maybe incorporating wide stance swings would have done the same? Maybe double bell swings?

Just got this product last night and went through some of the videos. It's a distillation of many disparate info from Pavel's previous works and the many valuable discussions on this forum. I just realized I've forgotten over the years some of the nuances, hows and whys regarding choice of exercises, forms, mobility, breathing, ...etc.

I find it a worthwhile acquisition, and I haven't even got to the programming parts yet.

Any chance there is an alternative exercise to the TGU in here, like the swing push press routine for fighters.

Any chance there is an alternative exercise to the TGU in here, like the swing push press routine for fighters.
When I needed to do an "alternative" to the TGU due to some patellar tendon pain, I did half TGUs (to the bottom of the lunge), followed by windmills with a lighter weight. That "seemed" to hit most of the same buttons as the full TGU, other than the straight leg pressing in and out of the lunge.

I didn't know about this then, but if I needed to do that again, I might do Dan John's Get Down idea, where you basically get the bell overhead (snatch, press, push press, jerk, whatever), then do the get down part of the movement. I'd probably try to add presses at each stage to a) increase the time under tension, and b) get more overall work in.

@Mikeperry For those of us who are not fighters, grapplers, strikers, etc. - just regular Joe’s, can this program (specifically the C&J portion) be run something like every-other day?
This plan is great for anyone that wants to get better!!

Good morning-

The current PDF is being modified to create more clarity.

To those of you that have purchased the product, you will receive a link with access to the new PDF.

Thank you for your patience, I'm the middle man on this and I'm trying my best to move things along and answer questions.

@Mikeperry im a pro mma fighter. I bought the program. The beautiful thing of the program is that I can train it on my own without a coach, but I want to know until which level you recommend this program? Do you train your ufc fighters with this principles?

@Mikeperry im a pro mma fighter. I bought the program. The beautiful thing of the program is that I can train it on my own without a coach, but I want to know until which level you recommend this program? Do you train your ufc fighters with this principles?
Shoot me a pm!

Good morning-

The current PDF is being modified to create more clarity.

To those of you that have purchased the product, you will receive a link with access to the new PDF.

Thank you for your patience, I'm the middle man on this and I'm trying my best to move things along and answer questions.
Appreciated, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom