all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Tuesday morning I woke up with inflammation in left hand... I wasn't able to close/open the hand, not talking about holding anything in it or about putting a weight on it.

Honestly, I am seeing it as the last warning signal from my body, that I really HAVE TO slow down. Few days sooner it was knee, right now - hand.

But I am not going to cry! I am going to take proper care about myself. Right now I am incorporating physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage and cold shower into my weekly schedule. Eating clean with having a cheat day once a week (yeah, coffee, wine and sweet!). But still, there is a few things I can add to feel better. Or maybe I just need more time to regenerate :)

Despite I cannot work on being better athlete right now (or better to say: "my possibilities are limited" ;-), but still I can work on being a better teacher! Below is video of our student Maruska - she is 67 year old and she's training in our gym for 2 years. I am proud of her!

It's ironic that you mentioned inflammation issues as I have had the same problem in my right knee now for 3-4 days. I was able to train up to this Wednesday but I've had to take the last few days off. I'm hoping tomorrow is a bit better. I'm hoping you're back at it soon. Take care.

It's ironic that you mentioned inflammation issues as I have had the same problem in my right knee now for 3-4 days. I was able to train up to this Wednesday but I've had to take the last few days off. I'm hoping tomorrow is a bit better. I'm hoping you're back at it soon. Take care.

@ShawnM how is it today, better? For sure taking a few days off will help, but question is what causing it...
I am taking some enzymes to support healing (reduce inflammation) and it works pretty well for me. Actually, I am going to train today for the first time, so we will see.

Take care and let me how it's going with your knee!

Sunday: short jogging in the morning - just checking if the knee is fine.

Afternoon: training with friend of mine and her kid, very light session:
  • mobilit drills
  • get- ups: 12kg x5
  • chin-ups with assistance (few reps, few rounds)
  • goblet squat, 12kg 5x5
  • 2H swings, 12kg: 10x5
Evening walk in this beautiful city!

prague.jpg

Saturday:
  • morning jogging (6km) - I love to start a day like this!
  • mobility drills
  • get-ups: 20, 20, 20 - playing with an empty bar: this is a whole another story than with kettlebell. 20kg is not the same as 20kg... ;-)
  • FSQ: 40kg: 3x3
  • Good Morning: 50kg: 3x3, 60kg 3x3

Damn good training!

I'm so happy that I can do Get-Ups again.

Wednesday: physiotherapy (I finally started to feel some positive changes in my body!)

Thursday: acupuncture.

Last two days I have been moving out, which was a stressful and tiring event for me (more than I thought it would be...). No training at all.

And it seems that we have last days of summer here!

ju..jpg

Wednesday:
  • mobility drills and pull-ups (GTG through the day = total 20 reps)
  • get-ups & windmills: 16kg x5
Thursday:
  • FSQ: 30kg: 3x5
  • chin-ups, total reps = 20
  • Good Morning, 30kg: 3x5reps
  • power swings, 20kg: 6x5reps

Friday: off

Saturday:
  • get-ups: 16, 20, 16, 20, 16kg
  • FSQ: 30kg: 3x5
  • chin-ups: 2-5 reps, total reps = 20
  • Good Morning, 30kg: 3x5reps

Sunday:

I visit a friend of mine and we spend all day in Krkonoše (Giant Mountains). That was a beautiful day (rain, wind & sun... all inclusive!).
After a very long time I slept like a baby. Fresh air & physical activity is a good remedy for sleep problems!

krkonose.jpg
krkonose3.jpg
krkonose2.jpg

Sunday:

I visit a friend of mine and we spend all day in Krkonoše (Giant Mountains). That was a beautiful day (rain, wind & sun... all inclusive!).
After a very long time I slept like a baby. Fresh air & physical activity is a good remedy for sleep problems!

View attachment 11538
View attachment 11540
View attachment 11541
I'm so jealous, you live in a beautiful area. The best thing I have here in Virginia Beach is a former landfill that was covered in dirt and is now a recreation area called Mount Trashmore.

I'm so jealous, you live in a beautiful area. The best thing I have here in Virginia Beach is a former landfill that was covered in dirt and is now a recreation area called Mount Trashmore.
Haha, know it well. Probably some old pics of it too. Well you do have a beautiful beach as well. Loved the sunrise on the ocean.

@ShawnM - I believe that you can find beauty everywhere!! It's about looking at the world from different perspective. Last time I went on the trip was suppose to be raining all day long... and still, I decide to take it as an advantage! :)

Honestly I had so much work and stress last week (yes, stress - I hate that word, but it's called "life" as well), that I have to skip my training.

On Thursday they (= government) closed our gym again because Covid thing... for 2 weeks, but probably it will took longer.

Right now I planning how to survive. One area I need to focus my time & energy is a work/gym and the second one is... my physical & mental health during this unfriendly circumstances.

I suppose I am gonna train every day... I have already started grease the groove with pull-ups!

Monday:
  • mobility drills
  • get-ups: 18, 18, 18kg
  • FSQ, 40kg: 5x5
  • Good Morning, 40kg: 5x5

Tuesday morning:
  • on-line lesson (= just moving a little with a light kettlebell)
  • jogging (6km)
  • pull-ups & chin-ups - grease the groove through the day

Back
Top Bottom