all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice: 5/1/22
Cap Sauers 10 mile trail race: 1:24 total elapsed time, around 700ft of elevation gain. Got 3rd place overall (small race), but is still my first placing, so I’m stoked! HR was way high but that’s what races are for. I really excel at downhill so i made up a lot of time on those. I actually beat my wife and her friend too, so that is a huge victory! Overall I ran a very good and smart race. Cadence a turnover was my biggest improvement, I feel as though i have learned and improved a lot in these past months, I am proud!
F2301E6D-1123-4AED-B16D-EB941E6763BA.png
4660A559-447D-4893-BF15-251D41444152.jpeg
C9F65A3E-29B4-4171-B444-D70C1389CE93.jpeg

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 5/1/22
Cap Sauers 10 mile trail race: 1:24 total elapsed time, around 700ft of elevation gain. Got 3rd place overall (small race), but is still my first placing, so I’m stoked! HR was way high but that’s what races are for. I really excel at downhill so i made up a lot of time on those. I actually beat my wife and her friend too, so that is a huge victory! Overall I ran a very good and smart race. Cadence a turnover was my biggest improvement, I feel as though i have learned and improved a lot in these past months, I am proud!
View attachment 17385
View attachment 17384
View attachment 17386
Awesome!

Today’s practice: 5/2/22
Met some people at the race yesterday who invited me to their fun run group. 1 mile run to the meetup, 4 mile group run, 1 mile run home. Faster pace than i prolly should have gone as a recovery. Had burgers and beers after with the crew, it was fun.

Today’s practice: 5/3/22
5 mile run to class in pouring rain (fun). Thank god my university has a pool and bathing suit dryer. Cadence was a bit down but was ok.
B72DDA9A-861F-4F72-AB61-CA2608540177.png
4.75 mile ride home
OS resets with my PE classes, hopefully get some more mobility/stretching in today.
I picked up an extra day of running, and a bunch of extra shifts at work this week, so I may just put a hold on strength training for the week. Start “you don’t know squat 1.0” next week.

Today’s practice: 5/4/22
Os resets/mobility/stretching with my class
Playground workout with the after school crew. Pull-ups on the monkey bars. OAOL planks, few quick sets of power push ups. Son started copying me too. Did a lot of lesson planning work today too and am trying to emulate @Pavel Macek and his deep squat challenge, definitely did not get to 30 minutes, but more time in a deep squat than usual. The man is always setting great goals and challenges to aspire to.
40BE9100-7A82-4322-8867-BEEE538CAD37.jpeg
BC96565A-E2F7-4535-8A5B-69ADF26B9D6F.jpeg

Today’s practice:5/5/22
5.5 run to class, focusing on cadence/tempo
D73D1285-EA36-4FFA-B403-9EC517160B0E.png
Played 9 holes of disc golf with some classmates, fun last day of class!
5 mile run home focussing on easy and lower HR.
ECAD4703-AE5A-49DB-A72A-91F1938DE446.png
Hopefully get some stretching and mobility in this afternoon.

Today’s practice: 5/6/22
OS resets, mobility, stretching
I’ve been sprinkling in the crawling lately but nothing structured in a while. Did 6 sets of leopard crawls 12m forward, 12m backwards continuously. Averaged out to about 1:30 for each set and tried to balance it with equal rest. So about 9:30 total of crawling. Couple of rounds of 1:00 fat bar dead hangs.
Edit: Did some headstands, both frog and straight up on my matted area. I feel like i could get a real good handstand/walk going if i work at it a bit. I may start working in more bodyweight stuff. afternoon walk with the boy and the dog, Then some double bottoms up work. Several sets of BUP and BUFSQ @16/16k. Hurdler raises @20#. Been missing my bells all week but the the novel bodyweight work has me feeling things I haven’t felt in a bit.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 5/7/22
Morning walk with the kiddos (they were on bikes) to go get mothers day supplies.
Started off with a quick tgu ladder 16k bottoms up (finally got it @John K ) 24k, and 32k, 1 each side.
Did a 30 min session of “Iron cardio” with double 16k’s
Clean+press+squat+snatch x31 in 30 minutes.

Today’s practice: 5/9/22
Two firsts; first doubles program, and first Neupert program. You don’t know squat 1.0 (YDKS1.0)
WU: dead hang
16k arm bar, super set with a tgu each side

Complex of 4 squats and presses x 13 in 20 min@ 16/16k
This was way more work on the upper body than i had anticipated. Legs felt fine, i think just holding the rack followed by immediate presses really worked my arms/shoulders. Excited to continue!
Meeting up with the running group tonight, not sure if it will be a 4 or 6 mile route. Either way I want to find my slow paced folks. Even if that means not running with the cool guys and I’m hanging back with the older ladies (no offense to ladies or older folks, that just seemed to be the demographic last time).

5/9/22 additional practice:
9 1/4 mile tun in total; 3/4 mile warm up to running group, 4 miles with the crew (or at least the one guy willing to go slow enough with me), stopped at home to grab the pup and she did another 4.5 with me. Cadence sucked after the group run, was focusing on staying aerobic.
3EBE3874-FF08-4673-8A66-536CF959C6D8.png

5/9/22 additional practice:
9 1/4 mile tun in total; 3/4 mile warm up to running group, 4 miles with the crew (or at least the one guy willing to go slow enough with me), stopped at home to grab the pup and she did another 4.5 with me. Cadence sucked after the group run, was focusing on staying aerobic.
View attachment 17538
I always prefer to run alone, so I can choose my own speed.

I go out of my way to be anti-social :p
I come by it naturally. Problem with these folks is that they don’t have a method to their approach, they just run. Which I can appreciate, but that’s how i started piling on injuries in the past. Even the gentleman that fell back with me only did so after trying to keep up with the pack for a mile or so. The real problem is my obvious superiority….lol

Last edited:
I come by it naturally. Problem with these folks is that they don’t have a method to their approach, they just run. Which I can appreciate, but that’s how i started piling on injuries in the past. Even the gentleman that fell back with me only did so after trying to keep up with the pack for a mile or so. The real problem is my obvious superiority….lol
That's why I rarely want to run with someone. I run at my pace on my plan, and a lot of people wanna go be jackrabbits.

Back
Top Bottom