all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice:6/05/22
1.5 mile walk to church with the fam
1.5 mile walk home with the fam
Then 7 mile tun with the dog (she just turned 3!). She had a great time, it was beautiful.
F09DA7F9-67A5-46B3-A8D6-C6E2BDDC5A19.jpeg
338160CE-3D80-419C-B100-D188F543C75B.png
Really pleased with my HR on this run, especially when I picked up the pace in the second half.
60775DA9-5696-4561-B546-F4CDA19BDF4B.jpeg
This is where divvy bikes belong when left on the sidewalk! Lol

Today’s practice: 6/07/22
2 mile walk/run with my class, we had a big walkathon to supplement their numbers for a 100-mile challenge they were supposed to be tracking all year. Course was a 1/4 mile and we did a walk a lap/run a lap format.
3 mile run with the dog on my lunch break, focusing on cadence/turn over.
A615C8AE-588D-47D8-A0A3-D67A7A768565.png
Hopefully get some pull-ups in this afternoon.

Today’s Practice: 6/08/22
Strapped for time so I got in a playground warm up at recess.
Pull-ups 4x2
AGT split squat (naked) 3x5
Wall handstands x4
Got home and did some quick TGU’s with arm bars and a BU TGU to go with.
YDKS 1.0 W5D2
Complex of 6 DFS, DCL and DMP X10 @16/16k in 20 min. Everything feels good, but the presses are tough!

Today’s practice: 6/09/22
Last day of PE classes for my students so i ran them through our good ol’ flexible steel routine and ran through our locomotor skills (x3) as well as reminding them of good ways to stay active over the summer.
Did a bunch of jumping rope on during their free choice and recess hours cuz i didn’t think i was going to squeeze the run in. Luckily i was wrong.
5.5 mile lunch break run with the dog (why walk the dog when you could run it?)
784DFFFF-2B7C-439D-8B9A-5FDB5603FFED.png

Today’s practice: 6/10/22
WU:
SLDL 3x5@16k (maybe ready to step up weight or volume on these)
Hurdle raises 3x5 @20# (should increase volume)
Chin-ups
3x2 with holds and hangs
Arm-bar with TGU and hip stretch 1/1
Forgot to do my BU TGU now that i think about it, was rushing a bit.
yDKS 1.0
W5D3
Complex of 6 DFS and 6 DSN x 12 @16/16k
Edit:
Wanna start logging my weight here too since i started tracking calories and all (getting ready for a beach trip to SC at the end of the month) plus i just wanna be a bit lighter overall. Past couple of days I’ve been weighing in 3 times a day out of curiosity. There’s quite a disparity since I usually do a 14-18 hour fast daily. Been waking up around 224, mid day around 220-222, bedtime 229-232. Today’s bedtime was a bit better at 228. Keeping myself accountable. Should get a mid section measurement too.

Last edited:
Time for that youngin to learn? :)
Ya, I was slightly tempted today but didn’t want to ruin the family fun (and his birthday), he’s comin around. He really loves animals, and crabs are one of his favorite, so he likens the crawfish to them. He accepts that chickens must die, working in cows, lol. “But da, they so cute?!” My eldest (daughter) is like “lets eat em!”

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 6/13/22 (son’s birthday)
Yesterday turned into a bit of a cheat day since we went to a birthday party at the bowling alley and I ate a bunch of pizza. I had behaved myself the day before at the in laws though so that was good. Weight seems to be steadily trending down though.
I’m leading summer camp this year so it’s gonna be a busy schedule moving forward. I have two online classes that I’ll be doing over the summer as well so I’m going to have to make some changes. Woke up early and got my lift in first thing.
WU:
Chin-ups 3x2 with holds/hangs
SLDL 3x5 @24k (stability was tougher but weight seems appropriate)
Hurdle raises 3x8 @20# (volume seems appropriate)
Arm-bar superset with TGU/overhead hip stretch 1/1 @16k
YDKS 1.0
Complex of 7 DFS and DMP X 9, @16/16k
Legs were willing but the arms were weak, was struggling to get the presses in the last few sets.

Today’s practice:
Early rise; weighing in at 219, we t to bed at 224. The big improvement imo is the going to bed weight. Tracking what I eat puts a clear stop sign on the night time snacks. Makes me look at what I’m putting in too. Overall i think i need to reduce fats and increase protein, which i would not have thought before.
WU;
3 rounds of:
2 chin ups with hangs and holds
5 SLDL @24k
8hurdle raises @20#
1/1 arm bar to hip stretch with kb overhead@16k
YDKS 1.0
Complex of; 7 DFS, DCL, and DMP x8 @16/16k
Whoo, That was a good one!

Today’s practice: 6/16/22
Snuck in a 5.5 mile run between my wife getting back from night shift and my shift (was almost late for work due to a miscalculation). Managed to get a quick rinse and make it before i was officially late… the heat is really effecting my hr.
1E54C68F-E7A5-4AC8-B460-028E70FDDB6F.png

Today’s practice: 6/16/22
Snuck in a 5.5 mile run between my wife getting back from night shift and my shift (was almost late for work due to a miscalculation). Managed to get a quick rinse and make it before i was officially late… the heat is really effecting my hr.
View attachment 18008
Heat kills mine, especially after a nice long winter!

Today’s practice: 6/17/22
Tried to rise early…ended up with the audience of my children, but it was fun. Got my son his first kettlebell for his birthday (5#, but legit cast iron) so my eldest joined me for parts of my WU and we worked on her SLDL. Son sat through my complex and asked when breakfast was/if i was done for 15 min, lol.
WU; 3 rounds of:
SLDLx5 @24k
Hurdle raise x8 @20#
Chin up x2 with holds and hangs
Arm bar to TGU w/ kb overhead hip stretch 1/1 @16k

YDKS 1.0 W6D3
Complex of 7 DFS and DSN x 9 @16/16k (maybe 8 though, got distracted) DSN x7 were tough!

This was the last day of this program. I liked it but can’t decide what to do next. Was humbling going back to 16k and i feel the urge to work with heavier single bells again. I can either do one more block of a 3 day a week program with doubles (maybe the wolf?) or i can just hop into the C&J program. Marathon training is going to start taking priority, I'm going on vacation in a week, I’m running a summer camp, my wife is in grad school, and another online class will be starting soon so i should prolly just hop on the bjj program and stop second guessing. Maybe do the prescribed regressions/pre training of push presses and what not 3x a week for a bit and as running ramps up switch to 2x C&J. Input is welcome. Rant concluded..,,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom