all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

I guess AR in Milwaukee is out then….
Lol, yes. The movement one was inly 1/2 mile, but very expensive. Ascent is more reasonable but a few miles away. A few miles in the city is more out of the way. We like to walk/ bike everywhere.
I’m excited for myself but it’s also meant to be a family centered activity. The kids were diggin it yesterday. My middle child (on the right) is a natural climber/gymnast. Other ones aint too shabby either.
3490D9B8-E978-4324-8C9C-E9FB86DDC681.jpeg

Last edited:
Yesterday’s practice: 11/8/23
Checked out another climbing gym, lots of walking throughout the day, some mobility and Kettlebell/dog walks mixed in. Getting more consistent on taking my 16k for a walk, I’m digging it.
Today’s practice: 11/9/22
Woke up and had a very minimal warm up before W4D2 of the shoulder smoker
4 rounds of this complex:
6 DSN
6 DFSQ
6 DMP
1: 1.5 work to rest all at 16/16k
Walk with the dog and 16k after

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 11/11/22
Couple more walks with the dog and the 16k

Kids and I are off school/work (thank you veterans) so we went to a cool park we usually do not go to and played the floor is lava. Lots of fun traversing and leaping!

Cleaned up and packed up the yard for winter

W4D3 of the shoulder smoker
4 rounds of this complex:
6 DCL
6 DMP
6 DFSQ
6 DSN
6 DPP
Last round was rough, felt pretty solid though.
1:30 work, 2:15 rest

Today’s practice: 11/14/22

Quick OS warm up w/ hangs

Walk the dog then W5D1 of the shoulder smoker.

5 rounds of this complex:
6 DSW
6 DHP
6 DSN
6 DMP
1 min work: 1:30 rest, all @ 16/16k.
Felt good today.
Going to try and really start eating more responsibly. Getting bigger in undesired places. Might be back to calorie tracking to get back on track.

Going to try and really start eating more responsibly. Getting bigger in undesired places. Might be back to calorie tracking to get back on track.
Couldn't have picked a better time with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming haha :cool:

Ya….i feel like halloween really turned me to the dark side. Need to at least make room for more holiday mistakes.
Seems like the junk carb is a Pandora's box, once you start on it/them the cravings start. I don't eat too much of it at all these days.

Yesterday’s practice: 11/15/22
Little bit of mobility, little bit of DC&P testing. Trying to prep/test my weights for neuports beta test program “Maximorum” program. Calls for a 5 RM, but i only have my adjustable kb up to 24k. The 24/28k combo seems about right for now, probably closer to 7-8 RM, still need to test the 28/32k combo but i think that will be too heavy. The program will be DC&P and DFSQ two days a week and snatch session 2 days a week. 2 weeks left on current program then I’ll be hopping on.
DC&P testing
20/20k x5
24/24k x5
24/28k x5

Today’s practice: 11/16/22
Shoulder smoker W5D2
6 DSN
6 DFSQ
6 DMP
All @ 16/16k, felt strong, snatches have developed nicely, were flying up today.

Yesterday’s practice: 11/18/22
Was more sore than expected from climbing so i moved heavy day of the shoulder smoker to Saturday. Got in some good mobility, gtg pistol squats, crawling, hanging leg raises and some hindu pushups.
Today’s practice: 11/19/22
Big morning filled with gymnastics and soccer. I love going to these cuz it gives me one on one time with the kids while the others are in their class. I usually take that time to goof around and wrastle them. Got home and squeezed in the program between dinner prep. Love how quick i can get these sessions in.
Shoulder smoker w5D3
6 DCL
6DMP
6 DFSQ
6 DSN
6 DPP
All @16/16k, 1:30min work to 2:15 rest.
Cannot believe how well this went. Looking back at week 2 and 3 this day would kill me. Feeling strong and big. Shoulders, pecs, and arms are all filling back out after a long marathon cycle. Should have done before and after pics/measurements. I will be doing so before i start Geoff’s Maximorum beta test. Looking forward to going heavy for 12 weeks after these 16’s.

Old school
Very much so. It was out of commission for a while but some local climbers offered to run it in exchange for a free place to climb. The bouldering wall is flat as well so more of a traverse wall i guess. The high ropes course looks very awesome though. Looking forward to that being back up next semester.

Yesterday’s practice: 11/20/22
Some gtg pistol squats, stretching/mobility, and crawling.

Today’s practice: 11/21/22
Woke up hungover after a group call with all my west coast homies. We’re all getting pumped and prepped to meet up back home in Detroit for thanksgiving.
Got in 2 games of bowling with the family, ran some errands then got home and did a mile run with my eldest and the dog. She’s a pretty good runner! We’re going to start trying to do this “most” nights. She is super stoked and we gave her my wife’s old garmin.
W6D1 of the shoulder smoker.
6 rounds of this complex:
6 DSW
6 DHP
6 DSN
6 DMP
1 min work, 1:30 rest all @16/16k. Felt the pump on this one.

Back
Top Bottom