all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Looks pretty good Larry! (y)

If you want a nitpick, your head/neck look like they're sticking forward, and that could just be from over-tensing on your lift. Relax a little at the top, take your time to enjoy the float after the hip snap. Not really a "technique criteria," just a general comment. Like I said - nit pick! It looks good. :)
I wouldn’t post it if I didn’t want the little stuff. I remember people talking about looking calm during. I’m always pretty tense in the face.

Today’s practice: 12/16/22
KB Maximorum W3D5 DCnP + DFSQ day
42 NL for each @24/28k
RPE was getting pretty high on the higher rep rungs in the last 5-10 minutes. Squats are feeling strong.
I like the idea of looking at weekly volume as well.
W2 total volume=340
W3= 360
Grinds are increasing, ballistics are pretty stagnant.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 12/17/22
Drove all night from chicago to detroit. Woke up and was lazy for a bit before following the wife on a 9 mile hometown run. Haven’t run for a couple of week i think so this was a good gut check. I will be sore.
9 miles @ 9:25 pace.

Today’s practice: 12/17/22
Drove all night from chicago to detroit. Woke up and was lazy for a bit before following the wife on a 9 mile hometown run. Haven’t run for a couple of week i think so this was a good gut check. I will be sore.
9 miles @ 9:25 pace.
9 @ 9 … yikes. Haha I’m jealous of your pace! Great work!

I unfortunately did not get better and came down with flu like symptoms. Luckily i had a scheduled off day that day but took one more cuz I wasn’t feeling 100% yesterday. So today was supposed to be a cnp day but i made up my snatch day. Think ill just train again tomorrow and hop back on schedule monday. Cant wait to lug these bells all over michigan and back.
Anyways…today’s practice: 12/23/22
KB Maximorum W4D4 (makeup session) snatch session
102 NL @28k in 20:00
Felt pretty good and punch the clock. Didn’t want to push so it was a victory that this was easy despite the stuffy nose. Almost trained inside with it being below zero (f) but I’m glad i toughed it out. Felt fine on the porch once i got movin.

Today’s practice: 12/27/22
KB Maximorum W5D1 snatch day
100 reps in 20:00 @28k
Im on the road and off schedule, just trying to get it in. Felt pretty good today. The higher rep sets were difficult towards the end.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 12/28/22
KB Maximorum W5D2 cnp/fsq day
We went to a trampoline/foam pit/ninja warrior place yesterday and I got a good amount of stimulus there. Shoulders were feeling it before today’s session even started.
42 reps for each lift @24/28k in 30:00

I also haven’t had a good form check in a while. Wanted to see what y’all had to say.

Larry, other than more relaxation as was mentioned, I'll say the shoulder raise is not as pronounced as before, yet it's still there on both sides, maybe a bit more on the right side.
I like to think 'arm straight, shoulder down and bell close to the body' as I come out of the hole, when I hit the sweet spot for power transition I'll pull the elbow lever and the bell flies up. If the bell drifts out away from the body on the ascent it robs you of power and energy. Not so big a deal until you get into higher reps/sets, I'm talking up to a 500 rep session with 24k.. or more. Everything becomes magnified in that scenario, and it teaches you some things.. the hard way LOL

Back
Top Bottom