all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice: 2/1/23
Full morning of subbing, then several pe classes in the afternoon.
Evening session of KB Maximorum cnp/fsq day.
Biggest rep scheme of the program so i had to take a lot of time between rungs, tough session. Cardio-commute is taking its toll. Definitely wasn’t recovered today.
Anyway, 36 reps for each lift @24/28k in 30:00

Yesterday’s practice: 2/2/23
2.5mile ruck (20# pack) through the city along the river.

Hopped on a bike for the last couple of miles to save time.

5 mile ride to work.

Today’s practice: 2/3/23
Snatches first thing. High rep sets with more rest than usual. Felt good and still pretty powerful at the end though so that was good.

96 reps @28k in 20:00.

Today’s practice: 2/4/23
Drive out to starved rock last night for a PE leadership conference. Did that all night and morning then went out exploring with a friend/colleague who had never been. Few miles of hiking.
5CCBE856-8AEF-45C2-99C6-C3D039B09728.jpeg6F0E5EA8-7239-43A1-93A2-C1A59DBAC26D.jpeg4AB602AD-8C33-4227-8FA6-EFB355BDF422.jpeg

Today’s practice: 2/5/23
Couple of hours of leisurely ice skating with the family. Eldest is getting pretty good, youngest was out for the first time and was proud of him too, really kept trying.

KB Maximorum W11D1
CnP/FSQ day
49 reps for each lift in 30:00 @24/28k

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 2/9/23

Kb Maximorum W11D5
Snatch ladders. Haven’t wanted to give away the program but this is the penultimate snatch day and the for mat is (7,9) @previous 10RM. Felt pretty good and powerful today. Bell was going up real well till the last set or so.
110 reps @28k in 20:00

2.75 mile ruck (light pack) to another hs I’m doing group student teaching at.

Maybe should have drove since i left during a break in the rain and now it looks like it’s going to be a wet 5 mile ride back to work/home.

weekend practice:
Fri: chasing/fleeing with the kids at the playground, soccer scrimmage with the older boys in after school

Saturday: gymnastics/soccer with the kiddos

Today’s practice: 2/12/23

Stretching/mobility in the am

Shopping with the kiddos (an exercise in itself)

KB Maximorum w12 D1 cnp/fsq day
48 reps for each lift in 30 @24/28k.

Today’s practice: 2/13/23
3.75 mile run to Student teaching, participated in various warm ups and demonstrations/coaching.

1/2 mile walk to the divvy bike before a 3ish mile ride to work.

KB Maximorum W12D2 snatch day
128 reps in 20:00 @28k

Yesterday’s practice: 2/14/23
Mostly an off day with some running and playing with the children in class and after school.
Gtg hangs and stretching as well.

Today’s practice: 2/15/23
Some stretching and mobility along with a few low rep sets of DCnP before my rm test.
Previous rm=7-8 (24/28 vs 28/24 on L/R).
New rm= 12-13 (24/28 vs 28/24 on L/R).

Today’s practice: 2/16/23
Wet and wild conditions out there today.
4.5 mile run to class
Crapload of lesson planning and objective creation.
5 mile ride to work/home
Crapload more lesson planning.
Didn’t get the snatches in today. Theres always tomorrow.
Totally forgot i have a little trail sprint race this weekend too.

Today’s practice: 2/16/23
Walked my 28k to work 3 blocks and 4 flights of stairs) so i could get it in on my lunch
KB maximorum W12D5 final day of the program!
Snatch session, 108 reps @28k in 20:00
Doing ladders with ten reps on the top rung!

I want to attempt the snatch test one day next week. I think I’m actually going to hop on sns for a while and work up to using the 40k on the reg. Really want that 40k press on the left side and I’m hoping that spending more time with the bell will start the journey of getting me there.

Got a couple of half marathons on the calendar coming up too. Need to make some time to actually train my running and not just commute.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 2/18/23

Skipped gymnastics and soccer for a snow covered trail race with the wife. Just a quick 4 miler, all snow and ice. Kept a pretty good pace considering the conditions. 8:35ish pace, 32ish minutes. 3rd in the age group, more importantly i won the beer raffle! Fun stuff.

Today’s practice: 2/19/23

Hangin and playin with the kiddos/enjoying the beautiful weather. When they got tired of me i brought my 32k outside and did a timeless simple session with full warm up and all. The halos felt especially good. Looking forward to keeping it “simple” for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom