all posts post new thread

Lee's Training Log: SFG1 Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

Notes: Practice today felt good. Swings were solid. Get ups felt smooth. Times on swings slowly going in the right direction. At the rate I'm going I'd say by the end of this month I'll be introducing 32kg to my swings.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

Notes: Practice today felt good. Swings were solid. Get ups felt smooth. Times on swings slowly going in the right direction. At the rate I'm going I'd say by the end of this month I'll be introducing 32kg to my swings.

You are progressing great! Continued impressive work here.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

Notes: TGU time went down slightly as I'm getting more comfortable with the weight. Swings were crisp, I felt like I was recovering slightly quicker between sets.

Great work! I like you patient and trust in the process (I lack those sometimes :rolleyes:, but getting better...)

You are progressing great! Continued impressive work here.

+1 for that

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

OAS: Swings went amazing, I recovered between each set but my time was cut by 1/3. The swings yesterday definitely helped.

TGU: Get Ups were solid and quicker today too.

Notes: Best session in a while, and by far the quickest. It was great to feel progress on swings after a long lul. Feel refreshed and family happy to have dinner 15mins early.

I have a feeling you will introduce the 32kg bell to the swings in the near future... Definitely after that crazy & awesome Sunday session :cool:

Thanks @Shahaf Levin, @Strong Rick and @Swann 1!

It felt so good to type! I was buzzing afterwards! And I definitely feel closer to the 32kg now!

I recorded the attempt on Sunday but i noticed I wasn't keeping square on the swings as I should, so I've got some work to do on that!

Thanks again guys, is very motivating following your logs on this journey!

I recorded the attempt on Sunday but i noticed I wasn't keeping square on the swings as I should, so I've got some work to do on that!

It's good to do that. From time to time I video / photo my session and find new things to tweak. The minute you perceive strength as a skill you always find some things to improve. Dan John has a saying (I think in Intervention) that when it comes to patterning work we are all beginners.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

OAS: Aimed to square my shoulders more on the swing, I've still got work to do on this!

TGU: Feeling good!

It's good to do that. From time to time I video / photo my session and find new things to tweak. The minute you perceive strength as a skill you always find some things to improve. Dan John has a saying (I think in Intervention) that when it comes to patterning work we are all beginners.

I've never recorded before, but it's great feedback. I'm going to regularly do this like yourself so I can keep an eye on technique from another perspective.

It's interesting that you say that, when I started I thought swing- getup- done. But I love the fact that the more I do of this program, the more I learn, and develop and grow, not just from a physical perspective. My patience has increased, and I'm enjoying the journey constantly trying to improve! And in some way or form I can always do the OAS / TGU better than now.

Thank you for your support!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom