all posts post new thread

Less is More

Walk
12:30 PM, 00:31:54
3 rounds Goblet Squats, Push-ups, Downward Dogs

Training @ 04:03 PM

Walk/Run
00:30:47, 2.19 mi, 14:01 min/mi, 139 bpm hr avg 148 max

Ended up getting in a late lunch and training about two hours after lunch. I expected this run to be at least very uncomfortable. But despite the full belly this run felt good.

Walk
11:00 AM, 30:00

PM Training

Rowing
2000m

Logged on early today, stayed on late too. Long day, but good. So just a little row in the evening, then over to the neighbors for impromptu steak, potatoes and Sockdolager General Ale.

Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture Man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

Walk
10:29 AM, 00:31:36

Training @ 02:58 PM

Walk/Run
00:30:30, 2.29 mi, 13:17 min/mi, 140 bpm avg hr 149 bpm max

A sustained wind out of the West brought in a lot of dust. Had planned to hit a 40-50 minute run today, but the dust was clogging up my nose faster than I could blow it out. When I got back in I blew my nose and it looked like I had dropped the Kleenex in the dirt, ha! Oh well, this ended up feeling very good anyways. The 70 degree weather was lovely and balanced out the 50mph wind gusts so I didn't freeze in my shorts and t-shirt.
?️?️

Walk
10:29 AM, 00:31:36

Training @ 02:58 PM

Walk/Run
00:30:30, 2.29 mi, 13:17 min/mi, 140 bpm avg hr 149 bpm max

A sustained wind out of the West brought in a lot of dust. Had planned to hit a 40-50 minute run today, but the dust was clogging up my nose faster than I could blow it out. When I got back in I blew my nose and it looked like I had dropped the Kleenex in the dirt, ha! Oh well, this ended up feeling very good anyways. The 70 degree weather was lovely and balanced out the 50mph wind gusts so I didn't freeze in my shorts and t-shirt.
?️?️
50 mph gusts are powerful! I'm surprised you were able to run in that without a whacked out HR and with good speed.

50 mph gusts are powerful! I'm surprised you were able to run in that without a whacked out HR and with good speed.
Luckily the 50 mph gusts were not constant! It's tough to breathe easy in that kind of wind as it tries to shove it's way up your nose. I was actually quite shocked at my min/mi pace and avg hr, as the sustained wind speed was probably close to 20 mph. It seemed like the main weapon to fight the wind was to not fight the wind. You have to relax into it and let it blow you around within reason. Clear as mud? ha.

Luckily the 50 mph gusts were not constant! It's tough to breathe easy in that kind of wind as it tries to shove it's way up your nose. I was actually quite shocked at my min/mi pace and avg hr, as the sustained wind speed was probably close to 20 mph. It seemed like the main weapon to fight the wind was to not fight the wind. You have to relax into it and let it blow you around within reason. Clear as mud? ha.
A good life lesson I suspect, bend but don't break.

Back
Top Bottom