all posts post new thread

Less is More

Scraps
10:44 AM
Walk, 11 minutes
3 rounds Goblet Squats, Push-ups, Downward Dogs
Rib pulls, bretzels, arm bars, crooked arm bars

Really needed a bit of mobility work. Lower abs and quads have been chronically sore for a week; this got things moving and flushed a bunch of blood into those areas. Felt very therapeutic.

--

Training @ 03:47 PM

Run/Walk
15:00 run/01:00 walk
00:48:23, 3.60 mi, 13:26 min/mi, 140 bpm avg hr 148 max

Excellent run! Stride was smooth and fluid. Big payoff from the mobility work. Perfect 70 degree weather too.

Scraps
10:53 AM
Walk, 11 minutes
Rib pulls, bretzels, arm bars, crooked arm bars

Training @ 03:53 PM

Snatch
24k x 10nr

Mace
08k x 10r x 10s

80 degrees today!

Wow! High temp here was 63 today with morning fog and overcast most of the day, pretty normal for this time of year.
This is the warmest it's been in months; it spoiled me rotten. I snuck away for a half an hour after lunch and sun bathed for a bit. Supposed to be in the high 60's tomorrow. I ain't complaining. I ain't been on a single run in the wind-whipped face-ripping-off sleet like I was in Chicago!

Scraps
11:00 AM
Walk, 00:16:10
1 rounds Rib pulls, bretzels, arm bars, crooked arm bars

Training @ 03:07 PM

Run/Walk
00:32:14, 2.42 mi, 13:16 min/mi, 141 bpm hr avg149 hr max

Mowing the backyard
00:10:38, 0.22 mi

Yup, mowing the yard the first week of February. West Texas is wild.

How big is the house and yard? What do houses rent for there? Here you can't rent a studio apt for less than $1600 a month.
Chicago was almost as expensive. Here your money goes much further. Rent is roughly $1/sqft for an actual single family home. Though you do pay for a big electric bill during the summer if you don't tolerate heat! I'm terrible at estimating sizes, but I'd say most houses here have a yard about 1/5 of an acre...standard suburban lots.

There are tradeoffs; this town has everything you need...but nothing you want. But at this point in my life all I want is is peace and quiet, space to throw around kettlebells and year around running weather so it's just fine with me.

There are tradeoffs; this town has everything you need...but nothing you want. But at this point in my life all I want is is peace and quiet, space to throw around kettlebells and year around running weather so it's just fine with me.
That's it, simplicity and repeatability.. I've always thought boring to be a very good thing, made my best gains and improvements during 'boring' times in my life.

All you need now is a wife and a couple kids to make it all perfect ?

Last edited:
02.07 Sunday - Day of Rest

Walk, 03:15 PM, 00:32:30
1 rounds Rib pulls, bretzels, arm bars, crooked arm bars

--

Training @ 10:09 AM

Snatch
24k x 16nr

Mace
08k x 04r x 10s

Walk
04:04 PM, 00:33:34

Mobility
Goblet Squats, Push-ups, Downward Dogs, arm bars, crooked arm bars

Training @ 11:01 AM

Rowing
2000m, 117 bpm hr avg 136 hr max

Cold snap hit Texas; didn't get above freezing today. This weekend it’s supposed to be colder; highs in the teens. Last weekend I mowed the yard. WTH Texas? Ha.
?️ ?

Training @ 11:01 AM

Rowing
2000m, 117 bpm hr avg 136 hr max

Cold snap hit Texas; didn't get above freezing today. This weekend it’s supposed to be colder; highs in the teens. Last weekend I mowed the yard. WTH Texas? Ha.
?️ ?
Chit man! That's a big temp swing! I hear parts of Colorado are like that too.

Back
Top Bottom