all posts post new thread

Less is More

AM Work
Buteyko, level 15 1 round

PM Work:
Buteyko, level 16 1 round, level 14 1 round
Stretching, OS commando rocks_90/90_QL Straddle

No training this morning. Caught an early morning show of Justice League with a friend. Fun movie. It was pretty cool to see a movie where batman wasn't the baddest mofo on the screen.
Plus, :D Gal :DGadot :D!

Buteyko
Level 14 1 round
The controlled pauses were challenging today, but that's okay. Yesterday I easily hit a 65 second CP.

Warm up/Mobility/Prepare for The Snatching tomorrow
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog
Rib Pull, Brettzels, Childs Pose Rotation
Arm Bar, Crooked Arm Bar (with 16k now)
Locomotion
Walk, 50 minutes
29 degrees, cold & windy, but damn was it sunny & clear & beautiful!
Time for red wine & red meat shopping.

Chicago SFG1: 157 days

Buteyko
Level 14 1 round
Focused and relaxed
Probably due to having this coming Wed/Thur/Fri/Mon off work :)

Warm up/Mobility
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog
OS commando rocks, Side to side rocks
Locomotion
Walk, 50 minutes
45 degrees, heat wave!
Gorgeous sunrise at the beginning of my walk
Sunrise.jpg

I've been doing a better job of getting out of bed at 0500. As soon as the alarm rings I put my feet on the floor. I may sit there like a zombie for a few moments, but feet on the floor ASAP saves the day. I need to be locked and loaded right at 0500 to get all the A+A training in before work.

Warm up
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog​
Locomotion
Walk, 50 minutes
20 degrees, feels like 15, but at least humidity was 75% so it wasn't too painful to breathe.
Pushing my hips forward a bit like the plank in the swing alleviated my stiff lower back and smoothed out my stride.
Time for boiled eggs and ham steak!

Chicago SFG1: 155 days!
I felt extra good today. Limber, strong, motivated, sexy. Stacked a lot of good training sessions recently.

Buteyko

Level 16, 1 round​

The Snatch

4s x 5r 16k
10s x 5r 20k
Interval 1:30​
"Voluntarily take an 'off-day' once in a while, especially on the days you feel extra good, before your dings and dents involuntarily force you to"
The Nail, Dark Lord of the Snatch

Locomotion
Walk, 20 min​

This session inspired by Andrew Reads recent post on paying attention to recovery work
"The best way to keep making progress is to not get injured or sick in the first place. Pay attention to your recovery work more than you currently are and you'll be surprised at how much better things are."

AM Recovery Work:

Buteyko
Level 16, 1 round (83%)
Level 14 1 round (93%)
Strangely, these back to back sessions relax me more than spacing all of them out

Movement
Toes/feets/ankles, downward dog, arm & shoulder rotation
Rib pull, brettzel, childs pose rotation
Arm bar, bent arm bar
90/90, QL Straddle​

Ahh, feeling good after this.

Chicago SFG1: 153 days

Buteyko
None. This was a mistake, as it was more challenging to get my breathing right. Now I know.​

Warm up
OS commando rocks, OS side to side commando rocks, arm & shoulder rotations
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog​

Locomotion

Walk, 50 minutes
40 degrees, 76% humidity, 10mph winds...perfect weather.
Focus again on keeping the hips pushed forward. This takes concentration.
The hips come forward at the last, when shoulders are moderately anti-shrugged, midline slightly hollowed, walking tall, gait is short and frequent...when I do all these right then I can pull the hips forward.
Week Summary
Feeling good about this weeks training. Got two snatch sessions in with no skin issues. Taking the off-day Thursday despite feeling good was smart as I'm feeling super charged. Got three long locomotion sessions in and the improvement in my locomotion mechanics eliminated the last issues with foot and low back discomfort.
Body is feeling strong, limber, and sexy.​

Last edited:
Chicago SFG1: 05 months 00 days!
In case it wasn't obvious, I'm excited. I wanted to take the RKC cert back in the day, but life got in the way and I forgot about it. Taking the SFG is finally transforming that desire into undertaking.
"My idea of the modern Stoic sage is someone who transforms fear into prudence, pain into information, mistakes into initiation, and desire into undertaking. - Nassim Nicholas Taleb"

Buteyko

Level 16, 1 round

The Snatch

4s x 5r 16k
18s x 5r 24k
Interval 1:30
Slightly pulled apart a palm callous on the left hand. Thinking it should be okay by Thursday. Overall these are feeling great - some of the reps the bell seems to float up and down as if by magic. Cool!

Locomotion

Walk, 20 min
Planning on 3 50 minute walks again; Tues/Weds/Sat. If no issues this week I'll start rucking next week.

Chicago SFG1: 150 days
Will add back 2 x 24 hour fasts during the week

Buteyko
Leve 13, 1 round​

Warm up
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog, Arm & Shoulder Rotations
Toshner Mobility Complex​

Locomotion

Walk, 50 minutes
Really nice out, 53 degrees! Only needed one jacket.
Cooldown: OS commando rocks

Eat Stop Eat is available on Kindle now! And Audible too.

Huh, just tried those. I like! Really feel it deep in the hip joint. And much more challenging than he makes it look.

After I did them like in the video today I did some ipsilateral as well. These are even more awesome.

(why awesomer is not a word? shouldn't it be? :) )

Movement in limbs on the same side of your body (vs the opposite or contrlateral limbs demonstrated in the video)

Nice balance to do it that way Shahaf!

Back
Top Bottom