all posts post new thread

Less is More

you are practicing Buteyko as well? I´ve been practicing for about 6 months now and I´m really happy with the results. How is it working out for you?
I've been practicing it since October 27th at Al's suggestion. I'm happy with the results. I began during a time of high stress, could only manage a 5-10 second controlled pause to start! As you can imagine, my improvements have been dramatic starting from that low. Everything from zeroing desire for junk food to better recovery between sets of snatching to a much more stoic and restrained attitude.

I've been practicing it since October 27th at Al's suggestion. I'm happy with the results. I began during a time of high stress, could only manage a 5-10 second controlled pause to start! As you can imagine, my improvements have been dramatic starting from that low. Everything from zeroing desire for junk food to better recovery between sets of snatching to a much more stoic and restrained attitude.
I can imagine! my first CP were not all that different, possibly 15 seconds. I´m now at about 60 seconds, and it makes a huge difference. It certainly helps with reducing desire for bad food, better recovery and in my case, it really helped me with runny nose and allergies. They are almost gone now. Good to hear you are practicing! Did you visit the Buteyko forum?

Chicago SFG1: 149 days

Buteyko
Level 16, 1 round
71 second max pause!

Warm up
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog​

Locomotion

Walk, 50 minutes
Pretty cold today, low humidity, but wow what a BEAUTIFUL morning. Beautiful skies, the big lake by my house was a perfectly still GORGEOUS mirror.
Did a trial run with my new wool balaclava this morning. Kinda annoying sliding down my nose, but works well otherwise.​

No training today.

My body/mind refused to go to sleep last night. I'm running on approx 3 hours sleep.

Chicago SFG1: 147 days
SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH

Buteyko
Level 12, 1 round
Level 16, 1 round

Warm up
Toes/Feet/Ankles, Downward Dog

Locomotion
Walk, 50 minutes
I feel silly sharing this. But it has helped me, so it may help you.
I've been experimenting with using a Chin Strap to help me breathe through my nose while I sleep. ABI recommends you try a piece of micropore tape over your mouth while sleeping, but my manly, rugged, handsome, supremely sexy man-beard makes that a no go.

After accumulating to the initial weirdness of the strap and having my jaw lightly clamped shut, I sleep significantly better. I'm usually up before my alarm clock, and awaken feeling much more refreshed. Yesterday I did not wear it, and that's probably why I slept so poorly. Last night I wore it and awoke my usual sexy man-beast.

I started out by using it only during naps on the weekends to help me get used to it. (No naps during the work week tho :(:() I started off using it for naps only because it does slightly itch my beard; but the benefits it confers out weigh this annoyance.

The particular strap I linked in is...okay. I had to wash it twice to knock off some of the nasty neoprene smell.​

Back
Top Bottom