Warm Up:
Lots of mobility
Pelvic tilt, arm & shoulder rotation
Rib pulls, brettzels, childs pose rotation, arm bar, crooked arm bar
AIS big toe stretching, complex ankle movements​

Locomotion:
Walk
1hr 40 min
Conversations with Al reminded me that I've forgot to do these long-form aerobic sessions.
I timed this session too close to a meal...my body felt confused as to whether to burn sugar or fat. The first half was fairly rough.

Buteyko
Busy day, only managed about 30 minutes VLB at work...will get more this evening.​

Pre Workout
Covfefe 1:00
Cup of chili 2:00
Bit of chocolate and BCAAs around 4:00
Train around 4:30​

Warm Up

Andrew Read's AIS big toe stretching, complex ankle movements, ankles series one
Pelvic tilts, arm & shoulder rotations, downward dog
Gob sq/halo​

The Snatch
10k x 5r x 2s
16k x 5r x 2s
20k x 5r x 2s
24k x 5r x 12s
Snatch was Tight Tonight

Locomotion
Walk
25 minutes
Took it a bit easy on both The Snatch (wasn't 100% sure about the healing blister) and the Locomotion (tired from yesterday).
But otherwise, this session went great.

Have you tried a 5-min snatch yet? You should try one sometime soon to get a baseline. It's a different animal altogether.

Edit:
Adding back in Wednesdays training session that was deleted due to server issues
Wednesday Training:
OHS
24k, 10s x 10r
Interval 1:00

TGU
24k, 5s x 1r
Interval 3:00

Locomotion
30 minutes​

Thursday Training:
SFG1: 92 days out

Locomotion
Ruck
20#
40 minutes
This was great. I was strong, never close to breathing hard. I may be dangerously close to developing that 'conditioning' I hear so much about. :)

UPS guy must hate me by now.
UPS Hate.jpg

Last edited:
SFG1: 91 days out

Trained about 4:30 PM

The Snatch
Warm up: 10k x 5r x 2s, 16k x 5r x 2s

20k, 5r x 2s
24k, 5r x 4s
28k, 3r x 2s (swing one rep, then 3 rep snatch)
32k, 1r x 2s (plain ole snatch)
32k, 3r x 10s

20k, 5r x 6s
Interval of 1:30​

Locomotion
Walk
25 min
Heavy snatching went surprisingly well. Breaking ground with a harder ruck the day before was unlikely the optimal move, but it went okay otherwise.
I had to take H.A.L.T.s to the next level again. Abs, low back, and hips were tired after this but it seems as if this was more from the harder ruck the day before.

Last edited:
SFG1: 03M 00D out!

Locomotion
Walk
60 minutes​

I was fried this morning!
My lower back/hips kept locking up on me for no apparent reason.
Took a super hot shower, drank a hot tea, and did tons of movement/mobility work.
Felt better after the walk.

SFG1: Less than 3 months away!

Warm Ups
Arm & shoulder rotations, pelvic tilt, crawl stroke, bionic superman
Gob sq/halos​

Two Hand Shadow Swings
10s x 10r
Interval 1:30
Maximal hardstyle contraction of the body

TGU
5s x 1r
Interval 3:00
Ran the modified version (no windshield wiper, step out with leg)

Locomotion
Walk
20 minutes
Short strides, quick cadence, arms power the legs
TFW you think you're walking all fast and stuff, but then the timer at the end says it was your normal pace ROFL
This was a recuperative session. Should be good for snatching by Wednesday.

I still can't believe how much Fridays session fried me. I felt fine during/after (felt like a good balance between heavy/volume)...it did not feel like I was unnecessarily pushing things. Then Saturday morning it was like I'd got run over by a loaded dump truck. It might of been psychological; it was a rough work week and also the first time playing with the 32k.

That combo tells it all.....Rough work week - mental stress plus using the 32kg for the first time - physical stress.......you inadvertently fried yourself. On the plus side, you had an immediate learning moment......sometimes you may need to "brake for the curves"......;):eek::p:D

I still can't believe how much Fridays session fried me. I felt fine during/after (felt like a good balance between heavy/volume)...it did not feel like I was unnecessarily pushing things. Then Saturday morning it was like I'd got run over by a loaded dump truck. It might of been psychological; it was a rough work week and also the first time playing with the 32k.

SFG1: 86 days out

Warm up
Lots of foot, ankle, hips, and t-spine moves​

The Snatch
10k x 5r x 2s
16k x 5r x 2s
20k x 5r x 2s
24k x 5r x 6s
32k x 5r x 4s
40k x 1r x 2s - this pushed me psychologically...probably not doing this again for a while :)
24k x 5r x 4s

I discovered why my back/hips were so sore last time.
When left hand working:
I take the bell too far back to the right in the bottom of the hinge (and vice versa)
This twists my hips/low back excessively out of the desired 'straight and true' position
Sets of 32k x 5r showed me this, might need to drop to 32k x 3r to correct it properly
Happy to learn this!​

Locomotion
Walk
20 minutes
Walking in the park at night is calming on my overactive mind.
Lots on my brain. Frustrated with work things. Frustrated with no progress on job hunt.​

SFG1: 85 days out

Warm up
Lots of t-spine work; upper back was trashed​

Locomotion
Ruck
20#
47 minutes
This was my usual 55-60 minute route. It was miserable out; strong winds and low humidity made breathing challenging. But on the bright side, even with the weight I covered the route in record time.
This was also a distance/time record for that ruck weight.
Silver lining?
My gait/stride/form was spot on.
I still fu*&ng hate cardio.

Back
Top Bottom