all posts post new thread

Less is More

08.09 - Long walk only
08.10 - Snatch; 24k 14nr, 32k 6nr
08.11 - Running; 00:36
08.12 & 08.13 - Long walks only
08.14 - Q&D 015; 24k
08.15 - Running; 00:35

Runs are averaging around 15:30 min/mi right around my MAF.

Still hitting the long walk nearly every evening.

I was wondering where you were.
Even though I didn't have many things to move, it took longer than I thought to sort through my old things, throw old crap away I should of thrown out years ago...etc etc. Then working extra to catch up on my workload to so I could take last week off...it all took more time than I was expecting, but I'm all moved now so yay (y)
Good to see you back...
Thank ya.

09.30 - Snatching, 28k x 22nr / Mace, 10k x 8s x 3r
Mace is coming along nicely. It's also helping with the snatching, as it's another exercise you can't muscle up. Instead, you just try to keep up with it.​

10.02 - Snatch, 28k x 20 nr, Mace, 10k x 8s x 4r
I've moved my snatch stance in recently. Feels much smoother and helps me to jump/project the weight up to the top. Instead of projecting a bit 'out' like a swing. Also helps with the drop as I stay centered better, so the bell doesn't move around in my paws as much. I'm pretty close on the stance, about 16" or so between my big toes. Just enough room for the bell to clear my knees on the drop.​

10.03 - Running, 00:45
I’m getting good at pacing at MAF without having to keep an eye on my watch. I only use the watch now during the run to check my time. I credit that with finally learning how to land on a taunt but not overly tight foot/lower leg. I’m getting more skilled at that and don’t have to put much brain power into it now. I keep it in mind for the first few minutes then my body takes over and does it on autopilot.​

10.05 - Snatch, 24k x 30 nr, Mace, 10k x 8s x 4r
I'm finally developing the skill of finessing the first bit of the drop. The part where you initiate the drop down and then flip the bell. I'm able to smoothly turn the bell around so it lands softly in the hand instead of slamming into it. This lets me get the bell slightly deeper towards the fingers and tougher callus pads and keeps it out of the palm skin. Win!​

Back
Top Bottom