all posts post new thread

Less is More

10.09 - Snatching, 28k x 20 nr, Mace 10 pound x 12s x 4r
Even though my newfound ability to finesse the snatch drop makes the lift seem easier, it really fries my entire forearm/wrist/hand complex. My theory is it’s neurological; I have to concentrate quite a bit to finesse the drop so it’s probably using more nerves and less muscles. That’s why I had to order the lighter mace; I don’t have a lot of gas in the tank after snatching. Good times. Snatch is feeling VERY good now.​
Quite pleased I ordered the lighter mace. It’s light enough that I’m not overwhelmed by it. I can groove it better. With the 10# I can grip it all the way down at the bottom so I can get the globe way down behind me, which counterintuitively helps me out as it gives stronger feedback to bring the elbows back down in the front FAST. I need to get in a lot more body english, but with this weight I can see now where that comes in. I can definitely see this movement paying long term dividends like the kb snatch. And there seems to be a huge amount of crossover between the snatch and the mace, especially because you can’t really muscle either one of them...it's like you're outrunning the weight.​

10.13 - Running, 00:45, 132 bpm avg hr, 15:13 min/mi
Nice run. Getting a bit better about keeping my arms long. Stride continues to relax and smooth out. Every run it’s just a wee bit easier to keep a consistent pace. This felt just about right.​

10.23 - Q&D 015 (2hs) 24k, Mace 10k x 8s x 5r
Really wanted to hit the snatch today, but skin was feeling very stretched just with the goblet squats after Wednesdays deep tears, so I hit Q&D instead. Good choice; I still learn from the simple old two hand swing and push-up. Plus the Q&D 015 muscle pump is nice. Lots of fun to just let it rip on those two hand swings. The push-ups do a good job of combating the desk jockey posture too.​

Last edited:
10.24 - Running, 00:45:16, 3.13 mi, hr avg 137 bpm, hr max 147 bpm, 14:29 min/mi, cadence avg 164
Chest and upper lats are quite sore today from the Q&D 015 work yesterday.​
Great run. 66 degrees and a bit of wind kept me cool. Running stride is coming together. I’m very pleased to come in under a 14:30 min/mi pace for a 45 minute session! Quite a good training week too with 3 kb sessions and 3 runs.​

Back
Top Bottom