all posts post new thread

Less is More

20 @32k Very nice!
Thank you. My hands hurt today. When I get to where I can manage that 3 times per week I'll have developed forearms like Popeye.

My left hand developed this scab over night underneath the ring finger. It wasn't bleeding when I went to bed but it was there in the morning to greet me. Ha.
1604762373153.png

How's the weather there Matt? It's been pretty cool in SD.. winter's coming and we don't use the heat, just a gas fireplace sometimes in the living room for awhile. I don't need heat to sleep, but sitting in the morning doing breathing practice when it's 58=9 in the house it feels pretty dang cold. I'm starting showers warm now and finishing cold. Our place faces North so we don't get warmed up by the sunshine at all.

How's the weather there Matt?
It's still really nice. After living in Chicago for 15 years, it's still shocking and wonderful to be able to tan outside everyday still. In the mornings now it's high 40s low 50s, but it hits almost 80 by the afternoon. I'm loving that Texas sun so far. We'll see if I still feel the same way come July and August haha. I ran the heater for about a week when we had that ice storm passed through here. but I'm getting used to the temperature swings and handle the cold mornings okay now.

It's still really nice. After living in Chicago for 15 years, it's still shocking and wonderful to be able to tan outside everyday still. In the mornings now it's high 40s low 50s, but it hits almost 80 by the afternoon. I'm loving that Texas sun so far. We'll see if I still feel the same way come July and August haha. I ran the heater for about a week when we had that ice storm passed through here. but I'm getting used to the temperature swings and handle the cold mornings okay now.
That's a trip, I grew up in Chicago and only spent 20 years there while you've spent 15 years.. I feel for you man haha. I'm glad you could make your escape to Texas though, I remember going through basic training in San Antonio and the weather was in the 70s, then shortly after I went to tech school in Wichita Falls and there was blowing sleet and freezing cold weather in the same state.. Texas is BIG.

It looks like you have some lakes around you, have you been to any of them yet?

I haven't been much of anywhere yet. It feels so good to be out of Chicago that I haven't spent much time exploring anything yet. I'll get there eventually, but for now it feels great not to feel terrible all the time :)
Time for a MC to explore with? Live the dream in the wind? :p (y)

It's tempting, for sure.
Yep, you'll get a better deal in the dead of winter, especially around Christmas when people are looking to liquidate for cash. After tax season prices tend to rise, I still scan the market daily, can't help myself.

Back
Top Bottom