Phase I Week 4

C&P 2x24kg
Snatch 28kg

Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4
MonSnatch9010296106
TueC&P/FSQ16/1616/1617/1720/20
ThuSnatch100102108112
FriC&P/FSQ16/1615/1518/1819/19

Good week. Pleased with C&P/FSQ performance this week. Today’s ladders topped off at starting RM, and it was easier than at the start. And as I’m able to maintain session volume at the given time but with higher RM sets, that’s progress.

I can tell this is going to be tough. Backing up after the snatch yesterday I can feel it. Very glad I’m being very conservative with bell selection. Definitely going to eat more as well. Looking forward to working through it!

Re started with the 16kg for snatch. No issues and while it does feel light, if I focus on form I could start to get a feel for it. Coordinating the hips and upper back is tricky but I think 12 weeks doing it twice a week will help a lot!
I’m liking snatch 2x/week for sure. 3x of heavy snatching takes a toll. 3x of C&P/FSQ such as in DFW also takes a toll. Maximorum squares that circle nicely!

Wk1 totals

Snatch ( 16kg ) 108 reps each side
C&P&FSQ ( 20’s ) 111 reps

So far so good, enjoying it. One of the reasons I wanted to do Max was to bring my squat up. I can do a few C&P with my 28’s, but not confident I could squat them. 24’s yep, but not 28’s. When I finish phase 1 I have to decide whether to redo phase 1 with my 24’s. So far squatting the 20’s is giving me no problem at all, although I’m quite familiar with how Geoff ramps up volume so will wait til then.

Hi everyone, I would like to show off my results and opinion of Kettlebell Maximorum.
I trained with a pair of 32 in Clean and Press/ Front Squats and 32 snatch.
Results:
- Double Clean and Press 32+32: 10 reps (6 before)
- Double Clean and Press 36+36: 5 reps (2 before)
- One hand Clean and Press 36: left 8 (6 before), right 11 (7 before)
- One hand Military Press: left 3 reps (1 before), right 4 reps (1 before)
- Snatch 32: left 19 reps (13 before), right 27 reps (20 before)
- Snatch 36: left 13 reps (10 before), right 16 reps (10 before)

Overall a very good and very demanding program. It's been a very long time since I've exercised 4 days a week and this was a big challenge for me. I don't have a lot of time to rest, but I couldn't resist to try it and I don't regret it, although it was hard at times. I'm also learning self-regulation and it's an awesome concept. Unfortunately, I completely messed up my diet, so the effort didn't translate into a silhouette, but who cares when strength and conditioning are increasing. :)
Stay strong!!!

Phase I Week 5

Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4Week 5
MonSnatch9010296106100
TueC&P/FSQ16/1616/1617/1720/2020/20
ThuSnatch100102108112120
FriC&P/FSQ16/1615/1518/1819/1918/19

D4 was tough but I'm pleased I was able to top off two ladders at old RM (5 RM), and the lower rung of the ladder is not short either.

Wk1 totals

Snatch ( 16kg ) 108 reps each side
C&P&FSQ ( 20’s ) 111 reps

So far so good, enjoying it. One of the reasons I wanted to do Max was to bring my squat up. I can do a few C&P with my 28’s, but not confident I could squat them. 24’s yep, but not 28’s. When I finish phase 1 I have to decide whether to redo phase 1 with my 24’s. So far squatting the 20’s is giving me no problem at all, although I’m quite familiar with how Geoff ramps up volume so will wait til then.
I'm astounded you are able to put up that kind of volume on C&P/FSQ with your 5RM!

I'm astounded you are able to put up that kind of volume on C&P/FSQ with your 5RM!
It’s more like a 12-15RM for C&P. My C&P is bigger than my squat, so I’m being pretty conservative with the bells. I can comfortably C&P my 24’s for multiple sets of 6, and can do a few reps with 28’s, but I didn’t do any squatting for a year or two, so trying to bring it up. Rough plan is to do phase 1 with the 20’s, and then redo phase 1 with my 24’s.

I feel like I could use the 24’s but don’t want to push too far. I’ve done lots of Geoff’s programs ( basically all I do ), so I know I need to be conservative but I do feel like I could move up now. At worst, in 5 weeks time I’ll be ready to switch up to 24’s.

I've a question for those who follow Maximorum (and @Geoff Neupert , if he comes here) : is the program feasible if you practice another sport (bjj in my case) twice a week... or is that likely to be too much?

I did it for the giant, but the move to 4 sessions per week is not, I imagine, without consequences.

Hi everyone, I would like to show off my results and opinion of Kettlebell Maximorum.
I trained with a pair of 32 in Clean and Press/ Front Squats and 32 snatch.
Results:
- Double Clean and Press 32+32: 10 reps (6 before)
- Double Clean and Press 36+36: 5 reps (2 before)
- One hand Clean and Press 36: left 8 (6 before), right 11 (7 before)
- One hand Military Press: left 3 reps (1 before), right 4 reps (1 before)
- Snatch 32: left 19 reps (13 before), right 27 reps (20 before)
- Snatch 36: left 13 reps (10 before), right 16 reps (10 before)

Overall a very good and very demanding program. It's been a very long time since I've exercised 4 days a week and this was a big challenge for me. I don't have a lot of time to rest, but I couldn't resist to try it and I don't regret it, although it was hard at times. I'm also learning self-regulation and it's an awesome concept. Unfortunately, I completely messed up my diet, so the effort didn't translate into a silhouette, but who cares when strength and conditioning are increasing. :)
Stay strong!!!

Nice work Kristof! I'm on w1d2 today with 32s. Out of curiosity, how many reps have you been performing? So far I've achieved 60 snatches/side on all 3 snatch days, and 30 C+P/30 FS on the first 2 C+P/FS days. Did you maintain around the same rep total throughout the program, or did it slowly escalate? Also did you do option A? My ego really wants to try option C. I know my legs can handle it, but I'm too weak in the rack position to hold for the amount of time required in the weeks to come.

I've a question for those who follow Maximorum (and @Geoff Neupert , if he comes here) : is the program feasible if you practice another sport (bjj in my case) twice a week... or is that likely to be too much?

I did it for the giant, but the move to 4 sessions per week is not, I imagine, without consequences.
This is my personal opinion so take for what its worth. Given the choice of weights used, I would say it would become much if you use it the way its written. You might want to consider just doing 2 days a week, so the program length becomes twice of what it was written for. Dont see any reason why you would not still benefit from what the program has to offer !

Hello All,

I just finished Maximorum. I started on July 24th and finished on November 21. Took longer than expected but life happened along the way and I kept plugging away at it. I am proud to have been able to see the program through. Throughout the process I intermittently trained jiu jitsu, tried my hand at picking up stones, and competed in a highland games event. I am 38 years old, and 265 pounds.

Prior to starting Maximorum I ran through the Giant program using double 16s, topping out with the double 24s for the 5RM for the Giant 3.0 round. I completed that program on July 7th.

I completed Maximorum with 24s for the clean and press and front squats and a 16 for the snatches. I tested my clean and press rep max on a set of cheap 32s at a weight room locally. I was able to get a shaky 5 reps. I was not satisfied with my ability to handle the double 32s and did not want to over extend myself using that weight on Clean and Press and Front Squat. I also train at home and did not yet own a second 32, so the double 24s were an easier solution on all fronts. To this point I had not done much snatch work so I went with the lighter 16 bell.

For the training split I started with the 4 days a week but found that this was too much and I was not recovering how I would have liked. Admittedly I had a heck of a lot of things going on between school, family, and coaching (I am a Special Education Teacher). Somewhere in the process I switched back to the 3 days like I had done in the Giant and was able to gain traction with consistent workouts.

This week testing the rep max for the double 24s on clean and press I was able to execute 21 reps. I had some more in the tank but things started to get sketchy and rather than over extend myself I stopped there.

On the last snatch workout, sets of 6 and 10 for a total of 16 reps a round, I was about to complete 12 rounds per arm for a total rep count of 384 reps. I was looking back at my first snatch workout at from week one and I did 300 total reps.

A couple of other signs of progress through this process: Recently I was able to shoulder a 200 pound atlas stone, lap a 285 pound natural stone, lap a 300 pound tombstone stand up with it and carry it 50 feet, and pick up a set of dinnie stone copies that weighed 503 pounds and walk a couple feet. Mind you I have not consistently trained stonelifting to this point and have not picked up a standard barbell in a significant period of time. I have consistently trained with kettlebells for about one year and three months. Needless to say I am very excited about the progress.

At this point I am going to return to the Giant using the double 24s and just ordered a second 32 to test a rep max and throw double 32s into the mix. I am also considering using Geoff's barbell bolt on to throw some squats and deadlifts into the mix. There is a piece of me that wants to see what I can do with regard to the simple standard. I had not looked at those standards in a while and simple seems within reach but I may be getting ahead of myself. The temptation is to bite off more than I can chew but Maximorum has helped me to fine tune just how much volume I am able to handle.

Geoff if you are out there thanks for making programs with busy old dads in mind. The programs have helped me resurrect my strength training and get back on the path toward strength goals I thought were well out of reach at my age.

Good luck to everyone with the program. Glad to have found a community in Strongfirst to collaborate with and share in the journey.

John

Nice work Kristof! I'm on w1d2 today with 32s. Out of curiosity, how many reps have you been performing? So far I've achieved 60 snatches/side on all 3 snatch days, and 30 C+P/30 FS on the first 2 C+P/FS days. Did you maintain around the same rep total throughout the program, or did it slowly escalate? Also did you do option A? My ego really wants to try option C. I know my legs can handle it, but I'm too weak in the rack position to hold for the amount of time required in the weeks to c
Thank you, kisto!
I did option A and it was enough for me. All Program I did C&P and Fr Sq without any break between. Option C - I cannot imagine because all cleans, squats and snatch are engage legs and I feel the program is very challenging.
C&P numbers of reps between 25-34, Snatch 60-142. Details:
1700670494809.png
1700670543465.png

The wide array of body sizes, perceived effort, and KB sizes and reps is just fascinating.
It makes it really hard to compare results.
I suppose you just have to work earnestly on the best "you" that you can be.

Back
Top Bottom