all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Navigating supplements for performance

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
What _is_ cream of tartar? I've never known.

A banana and potassium supplements/vitamins/drugs are my usual sources for potassium.

-S-
Grape byproduct , from wine making. Judee's has 130 mg potas. per 1/8 t-spn.
Add to fresh squeezed OJ with a dash of sea salt. Bam! Called an adrenal cocktail .

Last year @ 48, I added about 3 pounds of lean mass, which is good for me. With creatine (the most effective proven legal supplement) it would have been about 2 ounces more (est 5% difference). I like any help i can get but i don't want to over state the impact.

Yeah, I stay away from preworkout as a rule since then. Or really any stimulant supplement.

If you want caffeine grab a coffee. Starbucks hasn't dosed anyone with meth AFAIK.
Several times, I've had teenagers ask me about what pre-workout I take/recommend for them to take. I tell them that, particularly at their age, they really shouldn't "need" to take anything, but if they feel they "need" to take something for whatever reason, they should make some coffee and drink it a good half hour or so before beginning. One girl in particular went over all the stuff in her pre-workout that she couldn't pronounce. I asked her if she knew what those things were and she said she didn't. I said it's a pretty good idea to not ingest something when you don't know what that something is. She nodded and drank it anyway.
Marketing is a heck of a drug.

Last year @ 48, I added about 3 pounds of lean mass, which is good for me. With creatine (the most effective proven legal supplement) it would have been about 2 ounces more (est 5% difference). I like any help i can get but i don't want to over state the impact.
Yeah and that is kinda the high end of the effect scale

That stuff was my first experience with accidentally taking amphetemines.

Worked well, don’t recommend.
I like , Your Workout Crusher from EBOOST, berry melon, solid ingredient list. I take 1/3-1/2 a packet, since it has 175 mg caffeine per packet and I'm already drinking coffee.

If you want to skip the extra questionable or ineffective junk of most pre workouts, remember that a serving of caffeine pills & creatine powder cost about 25 cents. That's what they're adding to their mixtures. Easy to mix with a fast carb or protein shake should that be part of your plan.

One girl in particular went over all the stuff in her pre-workout that she couldn't pronounce. I asked her if she knew what those things were and she said she didn't. I said it's a pretty good idea to not ingest something when you don't know what that something is. She nodded and drank it anyway.
To be fair, there are a lot of "hard to pronounce" ingredients that amount to nothing more than organic compounds and/or minerals and the like that are found in food, or in the body. For instance, to a layperson, certain B vitamins might look like "chemicals." Many energy drinks and preworkouts have lots of B vitamins in them. And....yes, there are many that DO also have man-made chemicals added.

Regarding creatine and lean mass: I can't tell if there might be some confusion going on, based on a few posts I read in this thread. Just in case...

Creatine does not add lean mass. Creatine is essentially fuel for high-intensity, short duration efforts. It can help you build muscle in that it can help you train more intensely. Weight gain solely attributed to creatine is going to come from extra water retention. For example, if you take creatine for a couple weeks and see your weight go up a few pounds or whatever, that's quite likely mostly water weight. Likewise, if you have been taking creatine for a while, and stop, you would expect to lose a handful of pounds for the same reason.

I like , Your Workout Crusher from EBOOST, berry melon, solid ingredient list. I take 1/3-1/2 a packet, since it has 175 mg caffeine per packet and I'm already drinking coffee.

Haha that company seems to meet none of the "green flag" criteria. No third party testing, no GMP, mixed supplements, and is a pre-Preworkout.

Back
Top Bottom