all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Question about the anatomy behind the "Corkscrew the shoulder" cue

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Zip up means to push swiftly and quickly I guess.
"Zip up" is to link everything together... Plug all tension leaks and connect the body:
  • pelvis to legs
  • ribcage to pelvis
  • arm to torso
  • hand to shoulder

Iso hold is an other great tip, I was giving a short pause but with hold I can increase my strength at the bottom to build up to One Hand Push Up. Great advice as well as Zip up. Zip up means to push swiftly and quickly I guess. I need to incorporate that as well.

I guess the rest of the lat engagement and even making it a habit during archer etc for me at least will depend on practice.

Sorry I have somehow posted same post twice… I was going to thank you both again :) I believe I have enough ammo now.

Before I join to the SF community, I thought my push ups are 9 out of 10. Now I see that push up is a deep valley for me and I am only scratching the surface.

I am quite happy with this, and grateful to all who helps.

I really feel excited and literally want to practice my push up as soon as possible. Quite different mind set than workout mind set.

Everyone can get sth different from SF, I believe one of suprising ones for me is the “fun” part. SF approach is great “fun” for me.

Besides that, I have to add that, push up as an exercise alone is changing big time for me. Push up becomes more like a whole body workout alone. This is a fascinating piece of SF.

Sorry I have somehow posted same post twice… I was going to thank you both again :) I believe I have enough ammo now.

Before I join to the SF community, I thought my push ups are 9 out of 10. Now I see that push up is a deep valley for me and I am only scratching the surface.

I am quite happy with this, and grateful to all who helps.

I really feel excited and literally want to practice my push up as soon as possible. Quite different mind set than workout mind set.

Everyone can get sth different from SF, I believe one of suprising ones for me is the “fun” part. SF approach is great “fun” for me.

Besides that, I have to add that, push up as an exercise alone is changing big time for me. Push up becomes more like a whole body workout alone. This is a fascinating piece of SF.

I attended the one-day bodyweight course that StrongFirst used to have in early 2015. We spent 4 hours on the push-up. Every part of it was important. That's how deep it goes! These skills transfer well to kettlebell and barbell, too. So, time well spent to dive deep.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom